Requirements...ok my hopes & wants! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] In no particular order...
- Hunt whitetail or mule deer out to 1500 yards and targets beyond that.
- Weight 14lbs or less
- Barrel length not more than 28" prefer m24 contour
- (most important)I want maximum accuracy along with maximum velocity...who doesn't? lol
- I'd like to be able to buy factory hunting ammo...just in case. Doesn't have to be match ammo.
- I'd like to keep the recoil as low as possible with out putting a brake on. Add 2lbs to the 14lb...have a nightforce ready. I've owned a 300win mag and 300 RUM so I'm used to some kick.
-I'm also a fan of barnes triple shocks...I would like to use these for shorter shots out to 300-500 yards.
- I want it to be flat shooting as possible.
Yeah I'm asking alot. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I was thinking about...
7 WSM - with a schneider barrel with 176 Cauterucio or 180 JLK
- rock barrel with 210 JLK
300 RUM - rock barrel with 240 SMK
338 Lapua - rock barrel with 300 SMK
Any of these would be a custom. Thoughts and or opinions appreciated!
[ 07-26-2004: Message edited by: trader388 ]