Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Help me count...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Help me count...

I need some help with a couple of groups that I shot today. In the past, I've never been one who was very good at "precision" shooting so didn't have to worry about groups that were too close together. These are 2 groups that I shot today. Each one consisted of 3 shots.

Here is a pic of the groups:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2018.19.37.jpg

The hole to the right of the quarter is accounted for. The lower group was shot first, I made an adjustment to the scope and then shot the higher group. I was shooting a 55 grain .223 FMJ. Not match grade ammo, but I'm just working on sighting the gun in right now after adding a new scope.

What is your opinion? Does it look like there are 3 holes in each of these groups or is there only 2?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: Help me count...

Measuere the holes and you tell us. I was not there cannot say for sure but there could for sure be three. If you one hole on two of them which would be the case it would be pretty easy to see a enlarge hole between the two.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackZebra View Post
I need some help with a couple of groups that I shot today. In the past, I've never been one who was very good at "precision" shooting so didn't have to worry about groups that were too close together. These are 2 groups that I shot today. Each one consisted of 3 shots.

Here is a pic of the groups:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2018.19.37.jpg

The hole to the right of the quarter is accounted for. The lower group was shot first, I made an adjustment to the scope and then shot the higher group. I was shooting a 55 grain .223 FMJ. Not match grade ammo, but I'm just working on sighting the gun in right now after adding a new scope.

What is your opinion? Does it look like there are 3 holes in each of these groups or is there only 2?
Nice shooting. It looks to me like the high hole in the high group is probably two shots as does the low hole in the bottom group.

Whatever problems you've had with precision shooting in the past I'd say are behind you at least as far as this rifle and load go.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

haha, bottom group almost looks like 4 rounds.