Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Hello from new member...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from new member...

Welcome , you could also give some Black Hills ammo a try , they make a 190gr Sierra Match King load for the 300Win mag that shoots well in all the 300 Wins I have had or worked with. And the 190SMK isin't a bad deer bullet either.
You could do some syple tricks to your gun that'll probably help out with the accuracy , things like bedding the action , floating the barrel , working the trigger and adjusting the stockto fit you correctly , the last one being a big help in shooting long range , alot of folks don't apperciate how much a good fitting gun will help their accuracy , especialy in field shooting
Old 05-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: Hello from new member...

Home is Missoula, Montana. There are lots of things to shoot at in these parts.

I like my trigger where it is set. I've thought about some customization but money is an issue and being the Troutslayer that I am, most of my disposable income is spent on pretty new fly rods.

I have to say that people around here are friendly and great with the information. I could tell you about other forums I tried where topics were pretty much limited to the second ammendment and what kind of high capacity home defense firearms are best, which is not my style at all.