Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

He says he's ready

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

He says he's ready

Well maybe Im the only one who thinks this is awsome but I was out with my 2 year old (3 in july) today and he is turning into quite the little outdoor enthusiast. This kid always wants to be outside rain, snow, cold it doesnt matter he wants to be out there and of course never wants to wear his jacket either. I gave him his own little binos and an old rangefinder (using in Pic) and he layed there for 10 minutes. He was pointing out all the deer that I couldn't see So looks like I got my new hunting partner, he sits still about as long as Dad does in the woods anyway. Well I feel gratefull for having such a wonderfull kid just thought I would share.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: He says he's ready

Very cool, and I dig the spiderman boots
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Gold Member

Yeah they are his favorite! He's gonna cry when I say he cant wear them hunting, the lights in them will scare all the deer away on the hike to the lookouts in the wee hours of the morning
Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

Another meat packer is born. If he gets in to it like mine did he will run you ragged but you will be smiling the whole time. You're in for a lot of fun guaranteed! Kids shine a whole nother light on the hunting sport.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

I'm sure enjoying mine, can't think of anything better than being a dad!! My daughter spots all the big one's, in the middle of the range, with the bino's backwards. Gotta love the little buggers
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroducksx3 View Post
Yeah they are his favorite! He's gonna cry when I say he cant wear them hunting, the lights in them will scare all the deer away on the hike to the lookouts in the wee hours of the morning
Camo duct tape!

I envy you! You are blessed.

Last edited by trebark; 04-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

I remember when my nephew was about seven years old and he asked when he could go hunt with me. I told him pretty soon, but that he would have to be able to sit still.

My brother came home from work one day to find his son sitting in his homemade treestand in the front yard. Brother asked what he was doing and he replied "practicing sitting still"

He has hunted with me every year since he was nine. Now he's 16...

Annual Hunting Retreat - The Best!