Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Hats off to Savage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hats off to Savage

From Sniperjwt:
Quote:
Also only have a cheap tasco 4-16-40 pronghorn scope on it.
And from Liltank:
Quote:
With a little more practice and a better scope you can expect that group to shrink a few inches.
Maybe. Or maybe this shows you don't need a $1,500 scope to get 1MOA at 1,000 yards. Then again, maybe even a crap rifle and/or scope can occasionally put 3 shots into a foot at that distance.

Nice shootin' Sniperjwt. Think you can do it a second time?

Disclaimer: I'm in no way criticizing Savage rifles or Sniperjwt's skills. I own a couple Savage's and think highly of them. And I've never met Sniperjwt. I'd be pretty pleased with myself to place 'em on target like that at over 1/2 a mile. I'd be much more pleased to do it consistently. Remember, Team Savage does awfully well in F-Class competitions with stock Savage rifles.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Platinum Member

Good shooting. I got the thread humor.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

the sharpshooter competition trigger is very good also. very easy to install, no modifacations at all. about $120 from brownells or direct from sharpshooters supply.
good shooters with good equiptment are usually pretty consistant. unfortunatly conditions cant be counted on.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Silver Member

Nice job! My stevens is the only "cheap" gun I've ever had that shoots. I bought it mostly for the action to use on a build, and it's the most fun $300 gun I've had. I've only shot to 622yard, but was happy with a 6.07" group. Keep it up.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Natty, not knock'in any of this thread. I think it is outstanding what he is doing. I use a buckmaster Nikon for my shooting, 6-18x40 w/ target dot. Not an expensive scope by any stretch. I think it is great to see a factory grade trigger and barrel producing that kind of group. Goes to prove that sporter contour barrels can still reach out there effectively.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!