Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Gold Member

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

Wow what a fitting thread for my day. Today I got full custody of my son! It was an expensive journey but in the end the courts saw the truth and decided what was truely best for my son. What a change society has gone through, not so may years ago this would have been an impossibility. Im am truely thankfull that I had my family to support me, for my lawyers who worked hard and were very involved. Some of what people say about lawyers is true but there are some good ones out there still, mine took a personal interest and I could tell they believed in me and our cause. I am thankfull for my friends who stood by me, you can always find out who your real friends are when time times are tough and trying and mine stood by me through the worst. Having gone through this most difficult time as opened my eyes as to what is truely important and how lucky I am to have the things in my life that I had taken for granted. 9 months ago I was on the verge of losing everything and today I got the biggest part of me back.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member

I'm thankful for:
  • Knowing who's in charge of this universe we live in.
  • The ability and willingness to serve others
  • My wife! We've been married for 84 years. (42 for her and 42 for me!)
  • Our 7 children and our 16 grand children
  • To have contributed to a LRH newbie's success this elk season (post coming forthwith)
  • To be alive - it was nip and tuck for awhile.
  • To be able to hit a small target on a regular basis out to 1200 yds.
  • For all of you folks who have put up with my ramblings for so long.
  • My last act of defiance - That would be the 375 Allen Magnum. The only thing to come between me and my wife in 42 years. That affair lasted only one night. It's now tucked in UNDER the bed.
  • All of the great acquaintances I've made here.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Bronze Member

Thankful that my buddies and I have not been shot !
And return home to our family's .
Old 11-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Bronze Member

I am thankful for the beautiful male black bear I got this year in the North GA mountains during my annual muzzleloader deer, bear, pig hunt. And for the great friends I have shared this hunt with for the past few years.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Just thought it might be good to list a few things that I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful that Christ paid the penalty for my sins. I am thankful for my friends and family, for a warm place to live and food in the pantry. ....Rich
All this and that my family is safe from physical persecution and from physical harm - quite possible in the country we serve. Also, that this reality doesn't tempt me to respond in the worldly manner i was trained when i worked for Ronald Reagan and camoflage was my daily "suit".

For a wife who loves me and was willing to bear 2 wonderful kids. Those 2 wonderful kids who help me remember the joys of creation and to laugh. Alot.

For the hope that maybe one day i'll be able to actually do the things i read about here like i used to (money and time restrictions will hopefully not get in the way).

I could go on and on, but those the main things.

frank
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Silver Member

I am also thankful to my Savior, for my Salvation.

I'm thankful for a loving wife who almost loves my hobbies(shooting, hunting, etc.) as much as she loves me. This year her second year, hunting, by herself. Plus the rest of the family, friends, and country who support us.

I am thankful for this year's oportunity to pursue freedom, happiness, and those who threaten my country.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
All this and that my family is safe from physical persecution and from physical harm - quite possible in the country we serve. Also, that this reality doesn't tempt me to respond in the worldly manner i was trained when i worked for Ronald Reagan and camoflage was my daily "suit".

For a wife who loves me and was willing to bear 2 wonderful kids. Those 2 wonderful kids who help me remember the joys of creation and to laugh. Alot.

For the hope that maybe one day i'll be able to actually do the things i read about here like i used to (money and time restrictions will hopefully not get in the way).

I could go on and on, but those the main things.

frank
Frank, I was raised a yooper! Where in Mi. were you from?.....Rich