Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Just thought it might be good to list a few things that I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful that Christ paid the penalty for my sins. I am thankful for my friends and family, for a warm place to live and food in the pantry. I am also thankful that we STILL have the freedom in this country to pursue our hobby and even for you TURKEYS on this forum....Rich
Old 11-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

Even thou I have been out of work since July, I am thankful for my wife, my family, my health(sort of), having no debt, and a new FC (field champion) FC Pinehurst's All That Jazz a chocolate female retriever that just qualified and ran the National Open.
She is only the 3rd chocolate female in 80 years of retriever trials history to become an FC. With the websites indulgience, I will post a pic. This is the dog I named my 300 JAZZ caliber design after, as she is all speed and all business. And yes, I am a beleiver in Christ as well..

Last edited by trueblue; 11-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
Even thou I have been out of work since July, I am thankful for my wife, my family, my health(sort of), having no debt, and a new FC (field champion) FC Pinehurst's All That Jazz a chocolate female retriever that just qualified and ran the National Open.
She is only the 3rd chocolate female in 80 years of retriever trials history to become an FC. With the websites indulgience, I will post a pic. This is the dog I named my 300 JAZZ caliber design after, as she is all speed and all business. And yes, I am a beleiver in Christ as well..
BEAUTIFUL Dog!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member

It may sound old fashioned but I'm thankful for my family and friends. Thankful that everyone is healthy. Thankful that my mother is still with us at the ripe ol' age of 85. Thankful that I have a roof over my head, food in the refrigerator and that the heat is there when I need it.

I'm thankful that I am in a position to help others and find joy in giving, particularly when so many are suffering without the basics that we take for granted. I'm thankful to the company who just donated 100 turkeys to my food drive and grateful for the toys that are being donated by my coworkers so that we can brighten Christmas morning for hundreds of kids, as we have for many years in the past.

And, because this is the LRH site - I'm grateful for the .49" group I shot at 200 yrds with a factory Rem LSS in 338 RUM!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

don't mean to sound ungrateful but i'm thankful my divorce will be final very soon!

Last edited by davewilson; 11-19-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

I'm thankful for my family.....and all the things that the Almighty hasn't given us!!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

Nice thread, its refreshing. I'm thankful that I made the choice some years ago to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and that He allows us that opportunity. I am thankful for my wife and the 2 healthy, run dad ragged children that she bore for us. I am thankful for the opportunity to hopefully make a difference in our adopted sons life that he may not have had. I'm thankful my kids get to know their Great Grandparents. It's truly a blessing to be able to spend the last couple of years with you guys on this sight and discuss all things hunting, friendships, and especially the discussion of rifles. I didn't mention food because I could use a little less blessing in that department, but I'm glad that we can sustain our lives with the jobs that God has provided.

Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to you and your family!

Blessings,
Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!