Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Had some volunteers for a day of testing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Had some volunteers for a day of testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Still shooting the Wildcat 200s. They are the ones smacking the rocks at 1200 yards. I didn't draw anything this year although I put in for multiples of just about everything. Our amazing game department has figured out how to make more draws available to get more money out of us while making sure we never draw any permits.
Huh...bummer...haven't heard of too many folks drawing special tags this year. I wonder how the WDFW coffers are doing? I put in for 7 (ouch $ more than usual) and got one master hunter elk tag for the peshastin area, which is a total crapshoot in terms of the hunt even happening let alone me be available during the timeframe they might want someone to come over to deal with some problem elk. I don't like hunting elk that way (designated wilderness backpacking hunt is my style), but it's a second or third chance to fill the freezer if I can't produce during the regular season. A bit dissapointed with 7 apps and nothing of any consequence really, but that's the way it goes!

Hey, BTW, might seem like a silly question, but what powder funnel are you using on the 7mmAM? I'm guessing its the same shoulder configuration or close to my 338AX and I already drilled out my old RCBS powder funnel with a 9/16 bit to fit on the case, but the wall was then so thin that it's cracking and won't last much longer... Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 07-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Sounds like you put in for about the same amount of permits as I did. Even if they do build up their "coffers", they'll figure some way to blow it on something besides game management.

I know what it was like when my dad hunted and I know what it was like when I was young. Unfortunately, I now know what it's like today and it's not something to brag about.

I use Satern funnels for all of my reloading. They're the best I've found.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Silver Member

show off
you must have gone home with a grin from ear to ear
thank you for sharing i wish i could get out to some longer ranges more often were i live it is very dense bush making good shooting spots difficult to find
Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

I always go home with a smile on my face after a day of shooting. It's the best therapy there is.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member

Roy, I meant to get this posted earlier so you'd be able to get some sleep after seeing the original groups. This is what it usually does so I don't get too excited when I steer it a little crooked some times.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Silver Member

Nice shooting.

I got drawn for spokane north doe tag found some IEP land with a good chance of shooting one from 500-800 yard.

Dident get drawn for any thing else though i dont have many points.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 AM
PUBLISHER

I am glad to see you are getting out, Dick.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors