Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

Hornady makes the brass for their 7 LRM. It's based of the 375 Ruger I believe. They wanted good brass with a head stamp for the 7 LRM. That's all just stuff I've learned from watching Long Range Pursuit. Just looked and there a few forums on here about the 7 LRM. I've also noticed several other gunmakers having the Vortex as a lower cost option for a scope.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

If you go to gunwerks website, under ammunition it says LRmax, no info on it yet though.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member

Hornady makes some fine 22 caliber projectiles, I've been buying them for quite some time but the big stuff is another story. The competition is fierce.

I find it all intresting.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

Gunwerks has been offering the Vortex for quite some time now. On one of their tech tips for reloading, you will see Aaron loading the Amax in the 6.5-284 on Hornady reloader instead of the RCBS. So I guess they will offer both the Berger and the Hornady ammo. Having an additional sponsor is only good business. They have the best production on TV at the moment.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emn83 View Post
just a guess on my part. But this could be expanding to a broader market. More people can afford a Vortex than a NF...myself included....otherwise I don't know
That would be my guess as well. Wouldn't really call it an endorsement .... More like a dealer.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

I just found it interesting. I use Vortex optic myself and have done so for a while, not just scopes but spotters and bino's as well. All good and for a reasonable price. Leupy has priced itself out of my realm and NF was already out.

Never had issue one and if I did, I'm sure the folks at Vortex would step up.

Like K&N filters, the deale network is outstanding. I know, I'm one......
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I just found it interesting. I use Vortex optic myself and have done so for a while, not just scopes but spotters and bino's as well. All good and for a reasonable price. Leupy has priced itself out of my realm and NF was already out.

Never had issue one and if I did, I'm sure the folks at Vortex would step up.

Like K&N filters, the deale network is outstanding. I know, I'm one......
I had an issue with my PST 4-16FFP and contacted them. It wasn't anything major, there was just a spec on the inside glass. I only noticed the spot when I was at 4-6 power and it was in the corner. I kept it like that for awhile but wanted to get it fixed before hunting season. I contacted them and the next day I had a shipping label in my email. I sent it to them and 9 days later it was back at my doorstep! That includes shipping both ways and it didn't cost me a dime and they didn't even ask what happened. Absolutely awesome turnaround time and excellent customer service. I've read about other brands having weeks and months for turnaround time (again, that's what I read online so I'm not sure if that's the norm or not).

Win Model 70
7WSM
Work done by Jim See (Center Shot Rifles)