Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member

Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

I see Gunwerks (G7) is endorsing the Vortex HS 4-16 x 50 as an alternative to the NightForce they usually talk up about.

Whats with that?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Gunwerks is endorsing Vortex??

i saw that hornady is sponsoring them now rather than berger.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member

Money money money money money........money! Sponsorship!

Here's a good one, not knowing if it is the same person or not, but if you go to gunwerks web page Gunwerks - Long Range Hunting Rifles | Berger Bullets | Ammunition | Turrets read the testimonials on the home page. One of the names on there is Phil Conklin! Phil Conklin I want to say shoots for Best of the West! Curious if this is the same Phil and did they have a falling out? Maybe it's just coincidence.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 12-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member

I read the Conklin testimonial but it didn't correlate then. But then I'm slow.

Riley, thats interesting about hornady. Hope they need to improve their magnum case manufacturing process before stepping into the big bore arena.... Preacher Joyce wouldn't be happy. Their small bore components are wonderful, I've reloaded with them for years.

I guess every little dime counts when you are charging a grand to learn to shoot long range. I thought that accurate shooting was more practice than outside instruction. But then I've been wrong before......

Their G7 ballistics calculator works fine for me. I don't have an I phone for apps. I don't even own a cell phone. Too much government intrusion for me......

Maybe I need to move into the 21st century like Roy has.....
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member

i heard from a tweety bird that they are trying out the Hornady Amax on game and see which bullet they prefer.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I see Gunwerks (G7) is endorsing the Vortex HS 4-16 x 50 as an alternative to the NightForce they usually talk up about.

Whats with that?
just a guess on my part. But this could be expanding to a broader market. More people can afford a Vortex than a NF...myself included....otherwise I don't know
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Bronze Member

I haven't spoken with Aaron in a while, but the last time I did they were working on a long range hunting bullet with Hornady. Sounded like a hybrid vld design, possibly tipped, thicker jacket than berger for controlled expansion. It should be a winner. If you go to the Vortex web site and check out the info on gathering data for the turret you will notice it is G7 driven. They got vortex started in the BDC turret world.