Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

gunsmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 03:26 PM

gunsmith

I am looking for a good gunsmith. In the dalles ft.worth area. Possably doing a trigger job and adding a muzzle brake.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: gunsmith

there not in your area but they are fast and one of the best there is any where. www.rwhart.com it took less than 30 days after the barrels came in to get my work done and back to me.i had a local smith do some work a good while back and it took close to a year.close is not always faster thanks,keith
Old 08-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Asahi,

I am no where near your area but you could ship it to my shop and I would get the brake fitted and trigger tuned and back in shipping in less then a week.

What brand of rifle do you have?

My shop is in Montana but I do out of state work all of the time, no big deal in shipping rifles.

If your interested in prices let me know. I will guarantee a 1 week turn around once I get the rifle.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)
Allen Precision Shooting

[ 08-07-2004: Message edited by: Fiftydriver ]

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Gold Member

Might want to go over to benchrest central alot of gunsmiths around your area that do work for those guys I know SGY and think Dorsey is around you somewhere but can get there # over there. I'm kind of like you want to see the work hard to see over a phone. Too many gunsmith that are living legends in there own mind. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Roper,

Shooters too right!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Silver Member

Paul Dorsey is in Waxahachie,Texas and does excellent work in a reasonable amount of time.Speedy Gonzales is in Roanoke,Texas and as described earlier is an ego maniac who will take forever and charge like crazy for standard work.Both have done work for me and Dorsey will do work again while Speedy won't.
Lynn
Old 08-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Gold Member

Lynn, I've had acouple dealing with Speedy and he has always been fair. My last was a 30x47 hunter BR rifle. I was thinking of sending acouple trigger over to Dorsey to have him make those change to them. I've never had any gunsmithing done by him but from everything I've hear is is a pretty good guy. Now as to what a guy charges. Most gunsmith around where I live charge appr $165 for a muzzle break can take up to 30 days, guy about 50 miles south charges $80. and turn around time 2 days. The guy I use just increased his chamber price $50. and that increase makes him the highest around here for a chamber job so do you stay or jump ship? I guess his ego is to raise prices. Well good luck.