Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: Good deal on a few guns what one would you buy?
Poll Options
Good deal on a few guns what one would you buy?

Good deal on a couple of hunting rifles, what one would you buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 PM

Re: Good deal on a couple of hunting rifles, what one would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
Mine is a .300WM and do not have problem on either stock or bolt. The bolt and action is solid.

I heard someone that cracked the stock and blamed it on the lead sled. He was using 50 pounds or so of counter weight . The price for the mag is about right.
Nice rig you have there. One just like that in a .338 lapua the other day that sold for $1825.00 on GB. The stocks after seeing them you really need do FU to crack a stock.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Silver Member

The .300 is new , zero rounds ! The used 30-06 , SS , was most likely someone's deer rifle. The barrel is probably no more than just broke in. I have seen many a grown men ( novice) wince at a 30-06 on site - in days at my local gun range. The "SAKO " -oohooo , lala- with MODS , tells me it has more rounds through it than a NY whore. @ $900 , I fell this is the point of new or rebuild from scratch. I will admit , I have never build a scratch rifle . I feel there is a precipise to cross from factory........ vs........ new construction = $. The question was " Which one" w/ the facts presented. Scopes are worth a nickel if its a damn good one. What else will $900 buy ???? NEW Savage , Weatherby, Kimber, etc. for the money ??? I pondered this very question on a Built SS, 7mm Rem. action & barrel w/muzzle brake , glass stock for $700- no scope? It wasn't there long... Gut Instinct!!!!! Go figure.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHEAD View Post
The .300 is new , zero rounds ! The used 30-06 , SS , was most likely someone's deer rifle. The barrel is probably no more than just broke in. I have seen many a grown men ( novice) wince at a 30-06 on site - in days at my local gun range. The "SAKO " -oohooo , lala- with MODS , tells me it has more rounds through it than a NY whore. @ $900 , I fell this is the point of new or rebuild from scratch. I will admit , I have never build a scratch rifle . I feel there is a precipise to cross from factory........ vs........ new construction = $. The question was " Which one" w/ the facts presented. Scopes are worth a nickel if its a damn good one. What else will $900 buy ???? NEW Savage , Weatherby, Kimber, etc. for the money ??? I pondered this very question on a Built SS, 7mm Rem. action & barrel w/muzzle brake , glass stock for $700- no scope? It wasn't there long... Gut Instinct!!!!! Go figure.
Thanks for your professional input. I think the .338 and the .300 win Mag were both deasent deals. But hey that is just me. The gun action, bolt face, chamber look in great shape, don't even look like it has been used, also came with 95rd of spent .338 Lapua factory brass in the boxes and 100 new pieces of new factory .338 Lapua brass worth $290.00 and the paperwork, receipt of all that was done on the rifle (gun was built 14 months ago). So I think It was a deal. If the gun was not a good deal I don't think the gunsmith would of bought it.

Why would I want a to drive rusted out car when I can buy a new Cadillac for less?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

You bought a Hart built 300 Win Mag for $400? Wow, good job Senor,
Old 03-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennygss View Post
You bought a Hart built 300 Win Mag for $400? Wow, good job Senor,
No, the .338 Lap was the custom Hart build and the Ruger MKll .300 in blue was NIB.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchildtwo View Post
No, the .338 Lap was the custom Hart build and the Ruger MKll .300 in blue was NIB.
Even better!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Gold Member

I am a Remington Man all the way.. But as for SAKO you cant come close.
I would go for a SAKO every time.