Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Good ATV mounted rifle carrier?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Good ATV mounted rifle carrier?

The Kolpin does very well protecting the rifle and scope. I have not experienced any POI shift (I have a Nightforce though which may help quite a bit) and no scuffing of the rifle. I do use the soft case though. We go into tight areas and the case occasionally gets hit by branches, etc. The Kolpin does vibrate some when nothing is in it though - kind of annoying.

It sounds like you have a good idea going with the gun case...I had similar thoughts with the interior hooks as well. If one could get the case to work with some type of single, quick release latch it might not be too slow to get open. If you do proceed, please let me know and maybe I can avoid a few mistakes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-- Don

Psalms 27:1