Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Getting used to my comp rifle....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
SPONSOR

Getting used to my comp rifle....

I think after about 500 rounds, I'm finally getting the hang of shooting this rifle. I have to admit that this rifle has been a real struggle for me to shoot consistently for some reason but I believe it's coming together. It seems that once you get comfortable with a particular rifle, your confidence comes up and good things start to happen on a regular basis. Those who know me probably know that I don't claim to be a very good group shooter, so I have been pretty stoked to shoot some decent stuff the last couple times out and felt the need to share.

Here is a group that I shot today at 300yds while doing some load testing. Since I know this load shoots good, I shot it first to have a baseline for the other load I was testing. This rifle has around 120 rounds down the tube since I last cleaned it, fyi.

Last edited by JLR; 03-18-2009 at 11:07 PM.