Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Silver Member
Re: G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

Yes, use validation for fine tuning (I actually just adjust the MV myself and tweak the multiple BC's at the same time). In what experience I have with the nightforce x-ball program I must use multiple BC's to get a perfect drop chart. It takes some work, but the rewards are well worth it. The X-ball program can then take care of the atmospheric conditions and altitude (if you have a portable weather station) and you simply have to do your best to judge the wind the bullet must fly through. I also keep a good drop chart on the stock incase the palm pilot breaks etc. Maybe Shawn Carlock has a better method of getting a perfect drop chart. I'm a little handicaped technologically.