Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

Can anyone tell me how to try different "G"models on Nightforce ballistic software. I have looked all thru the table of contents and can't find anything on it. Would like to run some ballistics with G7.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

I just bought the perry software and posted the same question earlier today and was told that you can't change drag function only input BC at various velocities.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member

mikebob,
Thanks for the reply.That explains why I couldn't find it on the software.So, that leads me to wonder how to address the changed BC of Berger bullets and how it was mentioned on another post that they would match up better using the G7 drag model. Maybe "someone in the know "could chime in on that one.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Just because the rating of the bullet's BC has changed will not cause it to fly any different. If you get a MV and accurate scope height above bore, you can get the rest of the info through testing. Record all your MV and all your drop at several distances out to whatever distance you plan to shoot. Plug the info into the program and change the multiple BC figures untill you get a perfect match. The next few times you go shooting you can fine tune for cold bore etc. This may not be idea, but it works for me. Depending on your MV's you may get higher than rated BC's at closer ranges (higher bullet speeds) and lower BC's for longer ranges (lower bullet speeds).

Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Gold Member

First I am Looking to Get an ballistic program ?'

Second What Could I get to Put it on ?

I Have been told to Buy an Blackberry . Or an Phams Polit .

I am New to This . What ballistic program wold work together the Best ?

Terry

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Silver Member

I dont think any program other than the excel ballistic programs will work on a blackberry. Or at least that is the only ones i could get to work on my 8310.

I just bought exbal and loaded it on my spare at&t 8525 phone, so easy a cave man could do it.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member

landcbeitner,
Could I just validate the trajectory, which would then adjust the muzzle velocity, and use the changed velocity for future drop charts, instead of changing multiple BC's to mirror the trajectory validation? Or maybe that won't work at the longer distances as the bullet slows down. I am assuming entering the multiple BC's would be more accurate ?