Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

funny story.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: funny story.

Is there a chance you'd bet me $1000 for the same distance?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Silver Member

Nope no sir. Definitely not..
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

My grandpa had a saying......"Talks cheap..it takes money to buy whiskey". I've won a few bets from guys doing just what you did....make a ballsy statement without any knowledge of your opponents strengths.....hope it turns out for you, but don't hold your breath. BTW i'm right up the road in Alliance!
Nimrod
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Silver Member

Hi Nimrod iam sure this guys sold hay in alliance. Real nice guy but full of u know what. Have u ever heard of a thousand yard range south of arthur neb. Says he shoots there all the time. I still think i got this.. my older brother lived in alliance for a while when he worked for the b n.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyatnop View Post
Hell yea all good ideas my father in law told my. Wife hes been giggling about it all afternoon. Now my wife knows she said dont loose. I havent been under stress like this since i had to tell my fil his baby was Preg.
So much for winning that 1000 dollors of she money... That's money she don't know about;) good luck with that. She has it spent already.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Silver Member

Oh yea iam aure its allready spent, she will say we have some bills that need taken care of.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Silver Member

Long range challenge update.. my fil called me saturday said grab your stuff were gona go to arthur for the shoot . We found my fil friend. I I drove a 4x 4 box out 993 yards on rangefinder. I asked if he was ok for the distance he said looked good no problim... i got out my shooting mat kestral. I phone are rangefinder. And last my rifle .. i asked if he was ready to proceed and he said that he didn' t want to do anything that would damage our friendship. I said if he thinks this will hurt it then we can call it off if thats wjat he wants to do. He was thinking i could tell. I said i dont want to damage friendship eitherand asked if he wanted to call it a draw and just be good friends.. if he wasnt to we can ill be ok with that .. he said thats what he wanted to do.. i said ok .. and loased my stuff back up. He said he wanted to shoot some jacks on the pivit he pulled out his
. Marlin lever action 308. I thought it was a 30-30. He said nope a 308 and thats its deadly to thousand i siad hell yea it is. Then we shot a jack and went and looked at some antelope. Called it a day and headed home. My fil said he was real proud of the way i acted and was proud of me. I said thanks ..