Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

funny story.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM

Re: funny story.

You might need to stop by the ATM on the way, and get the man his money.
Be careful what you ask for, smoetimes you get it.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

And the funny part is that your father in law is the one that threw you under the bus. Win or lose he is trying to tell you something. Don't talk crap if you can't back it up. I hate to say it but it sounds like you don't think you can actually back it up. Even then, just because you can doesn't mean you should. You might have just burned a bridge to a good hunting spot! That would be worth more to me then the money, and $1000 is a lot of money to me. Heck $100 is a lot to me, especially this time of year.
I run into guys all the time that talk out of their butts. I figure the best thing to do is to invite them to come shoot with you. Most people don't know what 1000 yards actually looks like.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.

Last edited by Bravo 4; 11-22-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Silver Member

Iam gona go have turkey with him today. My wife said since he threw me under buss hes gotta back me. Iam startingin to think this old hay guy is all talk. FIL says were gona shoot after first of the year gives me more to to pratice and figure my load out.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyatnop View Post
Iam gona go have turkey with him today. My wife said since he threw me under buss hes gotta back me. Iam startingin to think this old hay guy is all talk. FIL says were gona shoot after first of the year gives me more to to pratice and figure my load out.
WHAT??? after the 1st of the year? you offered up a challenge man, get to it next week!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyatnop View Post
Iam gona go have turkey with him today. My wife said since he threw me under buss hes gotta back me.
Always good to have financial backing!

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM

Lol great story. I always cock off to people about being a better shot than them, because I believe myself to be fairly proficient with anything that goes boom or stick and string. I would never bet 1000 bucks against somebody I'd never seen shoot before, Hell even poor shots get lucky. You better get out and do some shooting because you have to have total confidence in you and your rifle.

I just recently got into the long range game and a target 1k yards away is a long damn shot. The furthest I have shot is 1222 yds, the target was a rock about 10x20 inches. It took me three shots- first was high so I took off 2moa, second was directly right, third shot I held left side of rock and bang dead rock.

So I wish you the best of luck (cause a little luck can't hurt), and get out and do some shooting so your confident in your equipment.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Justin
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Went and had turkey with my brother in law and fil today at my bil house in the sand hills after supper we set up an old sheet of plywood aginst the barb wire fence.. lica said 973 yards. I googled the weather for tryon and got some inputs for shooter. Laid down set up the bipod used shooter. Turned up scope 23.1 moa tuched her off. Drove out 9 or 10 inches low 3 feet left . Drove back dialed her up one more moa 3 inches hight 2you feet left. Used my npr1 second mark on crosshairs right 5 inches 6 inches low. Iamm gonna need more pratice. But i think i got a real shot at this!!!!