Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

First Deer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Silver Member

First Deer

My little girl (11) got her first deer today! 70 yard shot (checked with my lazer range finder) with an NEF Ultra Slug Hunter topped with a Bushnell 3200 Elite. That IS long range for an 11 year old shooting a shotgun! PERFECT shot placement! She blew the heart up! If she'd have been competing in a 3-D tourney, she woulda cut the X-ring in half. It ran 20 yards and fell over, DRT (Dead Right There).

I'm one proud papa!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Re: First Deer

Magnumdude:

Congrats to you, and especially to your daughter, on her first deer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll bet you are one proud papa. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Your kid's first animal is always a big event and it's one that you'll never forget. Sounds like maybe you have a new hunting partner. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you've got any pics of the proud hunter and her deer post them so we can have something to go with your write up.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Gold Member

Awesome [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Can't wait for that day myself!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Congratulations to you & your daughter. She should be proud of such a fine shot & very grateful to her mentor.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Congratulations, there is no better time in the field than sharing with your child. I am looking forward to another generation joining me. Ask your daughter if she would write us a story on her hunt, would sure enjoy reading her viewpoint.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations to you & your daughter. She should be proud of such a fine shot & very grateful to her mentor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed! She kept her head down and rode out the recoil watching the deer through the scope - perfect follow through. I've had her shooting since she was 5. Her brother's a fair shot too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations, there is no better time in the field than sharing with your child. I am looking forward to another generation joining me. Ask your daughter if she would write us a story on her hunt, would sure enjoy reading her viewpoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Ian, I never thought of that! I'll ask her. She's quite a little writer too; does very well in school.