Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Finally the Defensive Edge LRKM is unveiled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Sponsor

Finally the Defensive Edge LRKM is unveiled

OK I have been developing this for a long timeand thanks to the few people who have seen it but kept a lid on it like I asked.
The biggest complaint I have had with LR rifles is the length for any number of reason, cases, portability, platform etc. I had an idea floating around in my head and started work developing it a few years ago. This is the prototype with a Rem 700 action, the finished version will be available on a BAT single shot action only. They will initally be available in 338 Edge (of course), 338 Lapua Mag and 338 Edge +P (more on that later). OAL is only 43" !!!!! Weight will be right around 15 lbs with a NF 5.5-22 NXS and bipod. 85% of the rifles weight is behind the bipod, that makes it ride a bag better than any conventional rifle you ever shot (4.8 lbs bag pressure). Accuracy is outstanding and it is bomb proof. LOP is spacer adjustable, cheekpiece are supplied in 1/8 increments for a total of 1/2" adjustment. The green OD color or Coyote tan will be hard anodized and the black will be Cerakote. We will be ready to start building these very soon, it has been a long but worth while project as it turned out better than expected in the area of performance. Also as you would expect form me it will be availble in both RH and LH unlike most other cool stuff.

PS - I'll send a free copy of Send It volume 2 to the first person to post the correct long version name that LRKM stands for.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Finally the Defensive Edge LRKM is unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
OK I have been developing this for a long timeand thanks to the few people who have seen it but kept a lid on it like I asked.
The biggest complaint I have had with LR rifles is the length for any number of reason, cases, portability, platform etc. I had an idea floating around in my head and started work developing it a few years ago. This is the prototype with a Rem 700 action, the finished version will be available on a BAT single shot action only. They will initally be available in 338 Edge (of course), 338 Lapua Mag and 338 Edge +P (more on that later). OAL is only 43" !!!!! Weight will be right around 15 lbs with a NF 5.5-22 NXS and bipod. 85% of the rifles weight is behind the bipod, that makes it ride a bag better than any conventional rifle you ever shot (4.8 lbs bag pressure). Accuracy is outstanding and it is bomb proof. LOP is spacer adjustable, cheekpiece are supplied in 1/8 increments for a total of 1/2" adjustment. The green OD color or Coyote tan will be hard anodized and the black will be Cerakote. We will be ready to start building these very soon, it has been a long but worth while project as it turned out better than expected in the area of performance. Also as you would expect form me it will be availble in both RH and LH unlike most other cool stuff.

PS - I'll send a free copy of Send It volume 2 to the first person to post the correct long version name that LRKM stands for.

LOng Range Killing Machine!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

Wow Shawn! Crazy Cool design!

How was the transition in getting used to throwing the bolt that far back?

How long is the barrel?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Sponsor

Scot,

Send me your address so I can mail your DVD out to you. The barrel is 30" + the brake. The bolt throw takes a roll of the shoulder to accomplish but is not an issue for the LRH guys.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
Scot,

Send me your address so I can mail your DVD out to you. The barrel is 30" + the brake. The bolt throw takes a roll of the shoulder to accomplish but is not an issue for the LRH guys.

Sweet! I guessed correctly!

Thanks a lot Shawn! I will PM you in a bit.

where is your cheek weld on that system? I guess with a gun that heavy a good cheek weld isn't as necessary for the recoil part, just consistent eye placement. Now that I look at the picture again and realize you are left handed I see the curved portion of the receiver that is likely the spot.

Beautiful work as always Shawn!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Silver Member

long range killing machine

Last edited by eyeballjr; 02-02-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Gold Member

Shawn, what a cool weapon. i will ask for everyone because i am sure they want to know! when will this be available?

Bill