Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Finally able to post some pics of my 338 Allen Mag XHS rifle...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Finally able to post some pics of my 338 Allen Mag XHS rifle...

That is a fine looking rifle.

The stock just needs a few swirls of orange in it though.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Bronze Member

Now that rifle is pretty close to what I call a pefect long range rifle; it's a work of art. If it wasn't so beautiful I'd complain about you're tempting us with this. Personally I'd put a different scope on it, but that's personal choice. I notice you've got it about right for distance from the scope to the barrel, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

We don't have weight restrictions here in BC for sporting rifles in the bush and that looks like near perfection for an 18 lbs rifle. I'm guessing the cost of something like this would be around 5k without scope. Is that correct? I may be selling my place and moving to central BC before the end of this year leaving me with some extra $$$ for things like this. That is as close as I've seen to a pefect longrange whacker. Why don't you mass produce them? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Good to hear that you are striking a balance between your work and your family. It's important to have balance. Good luck in all your endeavors. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Sponsor

Nice looking rifle Kirby. Can't wait to get you back up here and have a week of dueling AM's. Should be a lot of fun. Oh yea nice break design [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Bronze Member

Kirby's done it again

Just when I have come to terms with not owning one of his rifles and consoled myself that my Sendero will do me just fine , he unleashes yet another Gem on the world, where will it end

Just how many times must I cry myself to sleep at night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

These AM performance rifles continue to surpass and there is something about that stock colour that does it for me.

Teriffic looking rifle Kirby
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Thank you for your kind words!!! I think you would look good behind a similiar 338 AM, how about one of my new 375 AMs that will be out this summer if all goes well!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Bronze Member

Hi Kirby

Very tempting, I wonder just how many times a guy can get away with "look what I bought for 500" before he is rumbled, there is always smuggling it into the house unnoticed, but those long barrels you go for makes that darned difficult! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Your .375 will be something else for sure, I guess this will be designed with one of Richard's new Wildcat creations in mind.

Jonathan
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

yep!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com