Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Fair poke on the last day of rifle season.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Gold Member

Re: Fair poke on the last day of rifle season.

Huntem,

Congratulations on a great buck and great shot! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM

Here's a "runt" I let walk today!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mulher...pg&.src=ph
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Silver Member

I have a 300 Ultra Sendero with a Shrewd brake also. I've shot about 20 rounds through it and with the brake and Limbsaver recoil pad, it's the cats ass. Recoils less than my 308!

Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
The brown its down thing is working in Pa, in a few more years deer are going to be very rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

We (my friends/family) had a good season last year but wow what a difference in one year. We were very thin on the antlered deer. Some thing will have to change soon, we have way to many hunters looking to get Mr. Game Commmission.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
Recoils less than my 308!

[/ QUOTE ]

We had 3 rifles chambered in 300 UMag on saturday. Mine was the only rifle with a break. My poor buddy on his first shot got bit in the nose (damn did he look dumb with a bandaid on his nose all day). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Ahhhh Mr. Mulhern,

Did you really ? or are you just funning us ?

Either way , give us a look at what you " harvested " [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim
Old 12-12-2005, 09:45 PM

Jimm

PHOTO TRICKERY!!

On another site a guy posted this photo showing no deer and asked if anyone could see any deer there! Some of the jokers looked at the photo apparently for an extended length of time WITHOUT seeing A DEER and then the guy that posted the photo told them...."Neither did I and I sat there all day!"

So....I fixed them up a photo and reposted it as you see here! Amazing what you can do with a "puter"!!

But....I did let an 8 pointer walk day before yesterday! Son of a gun was "stocky as a yearling", big ole neck w/heavy shoulders but it was a young buck and his rack was only about as wide as his ears aka about 15"! He'll be there next year maybe and in the meantime....it "ain't" over yet!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]