Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Factory Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM

Factory Ammo

I hope someone can help me. After getting the run around for 2 months from double tapp they refunded my money could not fill order. Problem is last year i bought 6 boxes of there ammmo and my rifle loved it. 300WM 200gr accubond 2950fps out of a 24" tube. Could someone give me a handload close to that or better yet a costume maufacturer THANKS
Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Factory Ammo

Why a costume manufacturer? Are you gonna break in to their factory and load some of your own?

I would suggest getting your hands on a chronograph and trying to duplicate the velocity of the Doubletap stuff with a handload. A quick search of this site turned up a possible recipe:
200 Grain Accubond Loads for .300 Win. Mag.

It would also help if you could load them to the same depth as the factory stuff since the amount of jump to the lands can affect accuracy quite a bit. Measure one if you have any left, or maybe Doubletap would be kind enough to tell you the specs on their loads.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Factory Ammo

Why would you need a costume designer? Are you starring in a theatrical production of "Shooter"?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.