Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

F-Class caliber?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #43  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 186
Re: F-Class caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Either will work well for you. I believe the Douglas will be a little less expensive. The benchmarks are amazing. Even during barrel break in we produced one hole groups with unproven loads. They clean up quick after break in also.
Awesome.... I think ill go with douglas...
__________________
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 41
Re: F-Class caliber?

For F-class you need a bbl that will run long strings between cleaning. The Douglas are very good bbls and win allot of IBS matches, but they clean between sets.
For your needs a Benchmark will shoot all day without cleaning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
Awesome.... I think ill go with douglas...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 186
Re: F-Class caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal View Post
For F-class you need a bbl that will run long strings between cleaning. The Douglas are very good bbls and win allot of IBS matches, but they clean between sets.
For your needs a Benchmark will shoot all day without cleaning.
aahhh thanks for the info, i had not thought of that. But arent most matches like 60 or so rounds? i can shoot 60 rounds accuratly without a cleaning on my factory savage 111 7mm rem mag.
__________________
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 41
Re: F-Class caliber?

You need to stay .5 moa or less for the full match to stay in the game, you'll need every edge you can get.


Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
aahhh thanks for the info, i had not thought of that. But arent most matches like 60 or so rounds? i can shoot 60 rounds accuratly without a cleaning on my factory savage 111 7mm rem mag.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 186
Re: F-Class caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal View Post
You need to stay .5 moa or less for the full match to stay in the game, you'll need every edge you can get.
Oh... Well that would probobly help...
__________________
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC