Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

F-Class caliber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: F-Class caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
oh yeah... I forgot about a 30 dollar bipod :P i have one on my 7mm rem mag, wifes 243, and dads 300 win mag. I will have one on ever single rifle i will ever own... they do wonders.... And i can pretty easily get a lilja barrel, but what do you recommend? I need it under 400 bucks.
Good luck finding something under $400 right now. I know Sin-Arms has Lothar Walther barrels for $375, but they are Savage drop ins. You could try Shilen, Pac-Nor, and E.R. Shaw. Other than those, can't help ya. Other options or in the $450+ range. Worth it, but you'll pay for it.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Good luck finding something under $400 right now. I know Sin-Arms has Lothar Walther barrels for $375, but they are Savage drop ins. You could try Shilen, Pac-Nor, and E.R. Shaw. Other than those, can't help ya. Other options or in the $450+ range. Worth it, but you'll pay for it.
i found one by lilja in my price range. Are they a good quality barrel?
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
i found one by lilja in my price range. Are they a good quality barrel?
Yep. Are you looking for a blank, or a drop in finished barrel?
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Yep. Are you looking for a blank, or a drop in finished barrel?
a drop in would be nice... but i could have a gunmith fit it for me. Any suggestions on drop ins?
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
a drop in would be nice... but i could have a gunmith fit it for me. Any suggestions on drop ins?
Does the $400 cover the barrel and gunsmithing? If not the gunsmithing and just the barrel, then I suggest Benchmark, lilja, Criterion, Krieger, or Lothar Walther. I've shot and owned a Lothar. It is very accurate and uses a harder stainless steel than American stainless. My cousin owns two benchmarks. Both are extremely accurate even during break in. He also owns a Douglas barrel that is very accurate. He shot a 6.5" group at 1100yds on its first outing with the Douglas.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Does the $400 cover the barrel and gunsmithing? If not the gunsmithing and just the barrel, then I suggest Benchmark, lilja, Criterion, Krieger, or Lothar Walther. I've shot and owned a Lothar. It is very accurate and uses a harder stainless steel than American stainless. My cousin owns two benchmarks. Both are extremely accurate even during break in. He also owns a Douglas barrel that is very accurate. He shot a 6.5" group at 1100yds on its first outing with the Douglas.
400 bucks w/o gunsmithing, i have heard great things about douglas and benchmark.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
400 bucks w/o gunsmithing, i have heard great things about douglas and benchmark.
Either will work well for you. I believe the Douglas will be a little less expensive. The benchmarks are amazing. Even during barrel break in we produced one hole groups with unproven loads. They clean up quick after break in also.