Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

F-Class caliber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Silver Member

Re: F-Class caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorotate View Post
Banjo....You don't have to. I listed another method for the light to come on for you.

Why are you here anyway?

People come on this forum fall into two categories....they are here either to learn or share the results of thier experience to help others learn.

This forum isn't for trolls/tools who have nothing more than an interest in antagonizing others on a discipline (LR Hunting) that they know nothing about.

I've read your posts....you've contributed nothing IMHO to this great forum. And it appears as though you've chased off the more knowledgeable sages of your previous threads.

So my two cents to you...and others like you. edit. Go to another forum. And yes....if we were in person I'd say the same...and trust me...you'd listen to my advice.

Or.... you could sit on your hands for while. Post respectfully. Learn. Become a better LR shooter. And then maybe someday, you can help someone else along...when they don't understand why a 7mm Rem Mag can "make a rookie look good".

Hope that wasn't to harsh. If it was for you....well toughen up Francis. You've got a lot to learn. You're going to have a helluva time learning LR hunting all by yourself with an attitude like yours. There's a lot of great knowledgable folks on here. It tweaks me to see someone like yourself muck this forum up.
woah... i just said i dont use ballistic calculators.... If you dont find that respectful, well, TOUGHEN UP FRANCIS. To muck this forum up? are you retarded? I SIMPLY SAID THAT I DONT USE BALLISTIC CALCULATORS. If you raid it in a tone that was unkind, read it again with a different tone and you will finally understand. Could someone recommend a ballistics calculator? If you think long range hunting is some skill that only professionals may take up, think again, You put a bullet in an 8 inch circle on a deers vitals, he'll go down sooner or later. now did this thread even have to do with hunting? NO. trying to be nice here, but i guess that doesent always please everyone now does it.
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.

Last edited by Len Backus; 03-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Autorotate, that's why I decided to continue to post...somewhat. It was to give knowledge to those who stumbled across this thread and try to glean some knowledge. Better to have some good info rather than a bunch of nonsense. Though this thread could have had much better info. It's a shame really.
and thanks to you, really. You've been a great contribution to this thread and i appreciate that. You have some great knowledge about this subject and i thank you for sharing some of it with me.
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
and thanks to you, really. You've been a great contribution to this thread and i appreciate that. You have some great knowledge about this subject and i thank you for sharing some of it with me.
Your welcome.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

I see your wish list already has the caliber you desire for F-class... 6.5x284Norma.
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I see your wish list already has the caliber you desire for F-class... 6.5x284Norma.
Why yes it does... I found a 6.5x284 Norma for only eight hundred bucks... all thats left it to put a new barrel on it and about 200 bucks of gunsmithing, and a 300 dollar stock... of course i only need the new barrel to get into it, the other can come with time.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
Why yes it does... I found a 6.5x284 Norma for only eight hundred bucks... all thats left it to put a new barrel on it and about 200 bucks of gunsmithing, and a 300 dollar stock... of course i only need the new barrel to get into it, the other can come with time.
Time is all I can do to build my rifles. What barrel do you plan to use? Stock? Have you looked into a bipod?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Time is all I can do to build my rifles. What barrel do you plan to use? Stock? Have you looked into a bipod?
oh yeah... I forgot about a 30 dollar bipod :P i have one on my 7mm rem mag, wifes 243, and dads 300 win mag. I will have one on ever single rifle i will ever own... they do wonders.... And i can pretty easily get a lilja barrel, but what do you recommend? I need it under 400 bucks.