Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Exit wounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

Exit wounds

Hope I can get the pics to post! Here are a couple yotes I shot this past fall and winter that I happen to have a camera with me at the time. If these post the one with the head wound was called in and shot at 130 steps. The one laying broadside was shot while deer hunting at 115 yards. He was facing me while quartering towards me (if that makes sense) and exited out the offside rib cage. Both shot with a .25-06 with an 115gr Berger. The rifle has custom barrel from Mark Chanlyn. This one of the easiest and fastest cleaning barrels I have ever used. It is on the heavy side at over 13 pounds. Well I hope this works, but they are kind of graphic!

[image]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Exit wounds

cool pics, If you have anymore like this pleas post. I got some cool pics except they were all taken with a cell phone and I cant make them blow up were you can see them.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member

Gotta love that rifle. There's nothing I'd rather see than a dead yote with lots of damage (including fur damage). They make good magpie bait. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (wonder what the coyotegod(s) will think of that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

creech, the pics to me and I'll give a go to enlarging them, there gotta be a way.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

i wish someone would post those pics over on "coyotegods" they are some pieces of work!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Silver Member

after reading what went down a few weeks ago i thought i would post them here first and then post them on the so called coyote gods site. i grew up on a farm and we have lost many young calves to coyotes. the only good one is a dead one.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Platinum Member

Oh, it's OK to kill em, just don't put any more holes in the hide, and don't shoot em at more than a buck and a quarter!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 PM

dead yotes, Good to me!!!!
Coyotegods be darned.