Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

exbal on phones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Bronze Member

Re: exbal on phones

Can you run Exbal on any phones that DONT require a $30/mo data service
(I have ATT&T)?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA View Post
Can you run Exbal on any phones that DONT require a $30/mo data service
(I have ATT&T)?
Exbal doesn't require any service but you have to have a phone that runs windows or a palm phone. A friend has a smart phone that uses windows and just use it for exbal and not the phone. If you have a iphone there is a program (ballistic field tactical) you can get on there that works great for like 10.00 i have both
Old 02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Bronze Member

I just got a blackberry and have been talking with Perry about getting this available for blackberries.

From Perry:

Can you ask the author who claims to have installed a Palm version of Exbal on a Blackberry 8330 to send detailed instructions on how to do this to gperry@perry-systems.com

If you could do this i would greatly appreciate it and im sure a few others would as well.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Is there a ballistic program that can access a weather satellite, and plugs that info in on it's own? If so, does that require a phone that has internet on it?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fingervic View Post
Is there a ballistic program that can access a weather satellite, and plugs that info in on it's own? If so, does that require a phone that has internet on it?
Funny to see my old post come back to the top. From what i have messed with the iPhone is the only phone that can come close to doing what your talking about. It gets its info from the close weather station i think i may be wrong on where it get the info. but i just turned mine on and it pulled up the info from some where close by that gave the right altitude. But it still not like having a weather meter with you. It does require the Internet to be on. The program is ballistic field tactical. It works very well i have had good luck with it and its cheap i think like 10.00. this is the only one that will do this far as i know.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Gold Member

My dad has the htc touch, it runs exbal, and doesn't require any data plan. I had one and accidentally washed it with the laundry. so they (ever so graciously) upgraded me to the htc touch diamond(which requires a data plan). But I can log onto LRH when I get bored at work
Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff 300 View Post
Funny to see my old post come back to the top. From what i have messed with the iPhone is the only phone that can come close to doing what your talking about. It gets its info from the close weather station i think i may be wrong on where it get the info. but i just turned mine on and it pulled up the info from some where close by that gave the right altitude. But it still not like having a weather meter with you. It does require the Internet to be on. The program is ballistic field tactical. It works very well i have had good luck with it and its cheap i think like 10.00. this is the only one that will do this far as i know.
I really just wanted to get an itouch to run this type of program. I don't want to pay for an internet connection for an iphone or an itouch. So, I guess I will get a itouch, get the $10 app, and look into a weather station.