Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Exbal from pc to ppc: help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Silver Member

Exbal from pc to ppc: help please

I purchased exbal for ppc and an HP iPAQ 111 received today. Perrys instructions call for starting Active Sync (which is not on my pc). I called him and he said I can download it for free from the website and follow the instructions. Which form of Active Sync do I download? It appears Active Syncs website steers you towards third party syncing software. I thought getting the software onto the ppc was going to be rather intuitive but I guess not. Can I get the point a to b synopsis! Thanks gentlemen
Old 02-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Gold Member

Re: Exbal from pc to ppc: help please

I downloaded it right from the Microsoft website. I think maybe your search engine is sending you to the third party stuff.

Download Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 | Smartphone and PDA | Windows Mobile
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Silver Member

KRP

I think you are right. I went to ActiveSync.com for starters instead of Microsoft. Lets see how this pans out. Good looking out.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Silver Member

KRP,

I went to the Microsoft link and downloaded the Activesync. From there it was straightforward. With Exbal for ppc and pc, an HP iPAQ 111, a Kestral 4000 and I think soon a CED M2 chrono, I am ready to go to school!

In Exbal your come-ups/adjustments are not given in a specific # of clicks for the target distance correct? They are given in moas and you determine the click value at the target distance and adjust the appropriate #of clicks....correct?

Thanks much for your input......and I welcome anyone else who will chime in.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmpredator View Post
In Exbal your come-ups/adjustments are not given in a specific # of clicks for the target distance correct? They are given in moas and you determine the click value at the target distance and adjust the appropriate #of clicks....correct?
To each his own but if I have to go up 30 moa, which would be 120 "clicks", I find it FAR easier to dial up 30 moa, which is 3 full turns on a NF or 2 turns on a Leupold, than it is to count up to 120 "clicks". Quicker and saves a lot of time.

If you had to go up 20.5 moa just dial up 20 moa plus 2 clicks and you're there etc. etc.

However, if you like counting all of those clicks you can set Exbal to give you the total number of clicks.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

ss7mm,

Would this then mean that the adjustment value as derived from Exbal calculation and (as per your example 20.5) is always based on 1/4 moa @ 100 yard if that what your scope is?

In other words whatever the adjustment requires, you click up based on 1/4 moa @ 100 yds. regardless of the target distance. ( I hope I'm making sense)
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

As an example, one of my scopes adjusts in MOA and it has clicks equal to 1/4 moa each. I set Exbal to read my adjustments in MOA so any whole number MOA is simply dialed up accordingly.

If I have 9.25 MOA I then dial up 9 moa plus 1 additional click. If I have 9.5 moa I then dial up 9 moa plus 2 clicks and if I have 9.75 moa I dial up 9 moa plus 3 clicks.

So I guess you could say I dialing in 1/4 moa increments but I count whole moa increments and only count the necessary clicks to make up any fractional moa needed.

Hope this is clear, but no guarantees.