Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Eberlestock gunrunner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

I ran into the same problem with the belt and ordered the larger belt to replace the original. The only problem with the larger belt is, that they only come in a light tan color, no other colors? I got two of them to test dying them and got it right on the first try. So I have a brand new large belt that I dont need. If anyone needs one you can PM me.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Interestingly, Dvor (optics planet outlet site) had G2 Gunrunners on sale at one time but I haven't seen them on there again.... and a poster on here got me there and I bought one.

I like it just fine. The only difference I can see between the G1 and the G2 is the G2 has double straps for the top cover and some additional pockets inside and the inside compartment is accessable from the front and top.

If you aren't toting a rifle, the bottom rolls up and tucks inside the pack and straps so the tailpiece (that sticks down) isn't sticking down.

I can easly fit my 338 with magazine attached and scope inside the pouch, the issue is that the barrel (or butt) sticks up quite a ways, not good for woods work but my shorter barreled 308 rides just fine. Mine also came with a top cover for the rifle compartment but I leave that at home and use the elastic raincober.

The G2 has sleeves on both sides of the inner compartment for hydration bottles and slits on each side for the hoses. I just carry bottled water in them.

I think the full capacity is around 2200 cubic inches.

For me, it's ideal. I can cinch it down and make it compact for just carrying my rifle and some snaks for a day trip or I can load it up for a longer trip.

I recommend the raincover, the one thats reversible (orange/camo) for states that require hunter orange.

Len has them in his Long Range store on this site btw..... Hope that helps.

Its made offshore BTW. All the stuff (Eberlestock) is.....
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

I like mine for a shooting/range pack, but stopped hunting elk with it. It carries fine with a rifle, but once you take the rifle out it gets sloppy. It also gets ungainly with a 5x5 elk head strapped on (carried it, but not gracefully). I couldn't strap quarters on either. It also has an annoying habit of collecting snow in my rifle's action/trigger/bolt. The last is easily fixable with a cover, but limits your quick draw ability. All in all, great for deer & speedies (likely coyotes too), but not up for the abuse of elk. I really do like it more than this post makes it seem...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member

That, it do.... (get sloppy) not a lot but a bit. I just cinch it down tighter but then it entails removing the pack. The II has double straps which IMO are a PITA. Too long and difficult to deal with.

I bought the pack for the rifle carrying ability. I don't care for the outboard carrying that most pack systems offer.

My one difficulty is carrying a long barreled rifle in the woods, it sticks up quite far and makes for some interesting encounters with low branches. My physical height (6-2) adds to the issue I guess. If I was short it wouldn't be an issue.