Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Eberlestock gunrunner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

Eberlestock gunrunner?

Does anyone have this pack and use it for hunting? Im looking at this pack to use as a light daypack that can still carry rifle. Also is looks like a buttbucket could be attached to carry a bow also. Anyone have experience with this pack?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Gold Member

Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

Yup. I have one and it works great. My only complaint was that the hip belt was not big enough so I sewed a larger belt on it. Basically it was just sewing the belt that was on it onto a larger eberlestock waist belt. And it actually holds quite a bit of stuff--way enough for a day hunt. It's not gonna pack anything out but thats why I have horses..........

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Yup. I have one and it works great. My only complaint was that the hip belt was not big enough so I sewed a larger belt on it. Basically it was just sewing the belt that was on it onto a larger eberlestock waist belt. And it actually holds quite a bit of stuff--way enough for a day hunt. It's not gonna pack anything out but thats why I have horses..........

Randy
I don't know if you bowhunt, but in your opinion could a bow be strapped externally in this pack with the use of eberle's buttbucket attached to the lower molle straps on pack?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Gold Member

Well, I do bowhunt but with a longbow. And yes, you could strap one of those "machines" in a buttbucket---it would work fine. I have a friend who hunts with a compound and he uses that setup. The buttbucket is pretty versatile---I think you can strap it onto about anything.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Well, I do bowhunt but with a longbow. And yes, you could strap one of those "machines" in a buttbucket---it would work fine. I have a friend who hunts with a compound and he uses that setup. The buttbucket is pretty versatile---I think you can strap it onto about anything.

Randy
Cool, thanks for reply. One more question, will it pack a full size spotter and tripod, with spare room? Sorry can't get my hands on one locally, so I'm trying find as much info as possibly via net. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Gold Member

I've got one and really like it. I bough it here at the long range store. Don't know if he still does, but Len used to offer a free accessory pocket with purchase. I got two big pockets that strap to the sides of the pack. When marmot hunting I carry lunch, a Camelbak, rain suit and fleece jacket, all my shooting tools, tripod and spotting scope, and my 13.5 lb rifle. Carry's great.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmagator View Post
Cool, thanks for reply. One more question, will it pack a full size spotter and tripod, with spare room? Sorry can't get my hands on one locally, so I'm trying find as much info as possibly via net. Thanks.
Yup---I carred a full size Zeiss and outdoorsman's medium in it. I also used my last year in the Vortex challenge on Utah and it worked great while "running"..........

Randy