close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reply

Eberlestock gunrunner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Roseburg, Oregon
Posts: 315
Eberlestock gunrunner?

Does anyone have this pack and use it for hunting? Im looking at this pack to use as a light daypack that can still carry rifle. Also is looks like a buttbucket could be attached to carry a bow also. Anyone have experience with this pack?
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Sweet, Idaho
    Posts: 1,135
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    Yup. I have one and it works great. My only complaint was that the hip belt was not big enough so I sewed a larger belt on it. Basically it was just sewing the belt that was on it onto a larger eberlestock waist belt. And it actually holds quite a bit of stuff--way enough for a day hunt. It's not gonna pack anything out but thats why I have horses..........

    Randy
    __________________
    "Every man has a purpose---------mine is to be behind a rifle.........."

    "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts: 315
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
    Yup. I have one and it works great. My only complaint was that the hip belt was not big enough so I sewed a larger belt on it. Basically it was just sewing the belt that was on it onto a larger eberlestock waist belt. And it actually holds quite a bit of stuff--way enough for a day hunt. It's not gonna pack anything out but thats why I have horses..........

    Randy
    I don't know if you bowhunt, but in your opinion could a bow be strapped externally in this pack with the use of eberle's buttbucket attached to the lower molle straps on pack?
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Sweet, Idaho
    Posts: 1,135
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    Well, I do bowhunt but with a longbow. And yes, you could strap one of those "machines" in a buttbucket---it would work fine. I have a friend who hunts with a compound and he uses that setup. The buttbucket is pretty versatile---I think you can strap it onto about anything.

    Randy
    __________________
    "Every man has a purpose---------mine is to be behind a rifle.........."

    "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts: 315
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
    Well, I do bowhunt but with a longbow. And yes, you could strap one of those "machines" in a buttbucket---it would work fine. I have a friend who hunts with a compound and he uses that setup. The buttbucket is pretty versatile---I think you can strap it onto about anything.

    Randy
    Cool, thanks for reply. One more question, will it pack a full size spotter and tripod, with spare room? Sorry can't get my hands on one locally, so I'm trying find as much info as possibly via net. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Western Colorado
    Posts: 927
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    I've got one and really like it. I bough it here at the long range store. Don't know if he still does, but Len used to offer a free accessory pocket with purchase. I got two big pockets that strap to the sides of the pack. When marmot hunting I carry lunch, a Camelbak, rain suit and fleece jacket, all my shooting tools, tripod and spotting scope, and my 13.5 lb rifle. Carry's great.
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Sweet, Idaho
    Posts: 1,135
    Re: Eberlestock gunrunner?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emmagator View Post
    Cool, thanks for reply. One more question, will it pack a full size spotter and tripod, with spare room? Sorry can't get my hands on one locally, so I'm trying find as much info as possibly via net. Thanks.
    Yup---I carred a full size Zeiss and outdoorsman's medium in it. I also used my last year in the Vortex challenge on Utah and it worked great while "running"..........

    Randy
    __________________
    "Every man has a purpose---------mine is to be behind a rifle.........."

    "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC