Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Drop Charts- Please can you help me ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Drop Charts- Please can you help me ???

Something is awry when two ballistic codes don't closely agree.

Maybe its because you guys are upside down down there and the bullets are falling up instead of down.

One to try is JBM ballistics. Google will find it quickly.

What you may try is to shoot at a very large target at several distances out to your max distance. This will tell you what your drops are. The two variables you won't be sure of are MV and BC. But you will know your drops and hitting stuff is what's important.

0.33 is a quite puny bc for a 243 projectile. I haven't looked it up but would be much more comfortable with a 0.6 or a little better.

Just a thought....
Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: Drop Charts- Please can you help me ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Something is awry when two ballistic codes don't closely agree.

Maybe its because you guys are upside down down there and the bullets are falling up instead of down.

One to try is JBM ballistics. Google will find it quickly.

What you may try is to shoot at a very large target at several distances out to your max distance. This will tell you what your drops are. The two variables you won't be sure of are MV and BC. But you will know your drops and hitting stuff is what's important.

0.33 is a quite puny bc for a 243 projectile. I haven't looked it up but would be much more comfortable with a 0.6 or a little better.

Just a thought....
Guys,

Thanks for that. This site is a great source of info for novices like me.

Thanks again.