Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

which dot for leu 6.5 20 50

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2002, 06:48 PM

Re: which dot for leu 6.5 20 50

This is really subjective, but I do have the scope you mentioned, with a target dot. It's on a .243 that I use for long range prairie dog hunting, and for that application, it works well. However, the one time I did load up some 100 gr noslers and use it to deer hunt, I was very surprised at just how hard that dot is to find in low light conditions, especially with woods as a background.

For your application, I'd say first choice would be duplex, second would be the Leu dot, and I don't think I'd consider the target dot under any circumstances .. just my 2 cents.

Tray
Old 10-10-2002, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: which dot for leu 6.5 20 50

I have several of these scopes in 1" & 30mm that I have had refitted with mil dot reticle.This is ofcourse a factory option on the 6.5x20 longrange scope. I have found he mil dot system to be really good as the dots & lines are small enough for varmit and easy to find on big game. The bonus is the fact that it doubles as a range finder, once you get used to it it is the best
Old 10-10-2002, 11:55 PM

which dot for leu 6.5 20 50

Leupold offers the target dot, leu dot, and the regular duplex for the 6.5 20 50. I want to use the scope for long range(500-800)yds on deer sized game. Does anyone have preferences on the recticles mentioned above.
I have been told that the target dot is difficult to see in low light conditions.