Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

doesn't anyone here like browning rifles??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: doesn't anyone here like browning rifles??

I to love my Browning's be it rifles , shotguns or pistols. My A-bolt Stalker 270wsm is perfect for on a hillside in PA, mountain out west or miles of pronghorn hunting. Shoots under MOA @ 100yds and is bone stock.And the as mentioned earlier it will shot 110's through 160's all well just some are more impressive groups. I bought it on sale about year after release for $400 plus tax. I put a Cabelas alaskan guide w/duplex 4.5 x14 for $299. clearence. It's my best Rifle for carrying/shooting/looking I have for under $800. If I aim it at game it's not going to be a good day for the critter
But as stated it's way easier to custom build "mild to wild" with Rems or Savage actions and others. Therefore more to talk about with combinations of "I did this" or "will this work" or "why is it " in threads IMO. Nothing wrong with builds or stock guns, just so we"re all enjoying and sharing what we're doing/building.

Gene R.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Silver Member

Gene,

Have you had any feeding problems with the .270wsm? I heard the short mags can be a bit finicky especially with the Brownings. Ive heard of a lot of people who had feeding problems with the short mags. I was just wondering if you have had any problems. Thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Silver Member

I have an X bolt in .243. The most accurate gun in my cabnet 1/4" to 1/2" at 100. Trigger is awesome, could stand to be 1 lbs lighter.

Compared to my Tikka T3 lite in 7mm mag the X bolt wins all catagories exept action smoothness and weight. Oh yeah lol and price!

I have a Remington and Ruger both in .243 neither can compete with the X bolt or Tikka.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
Gene,

Have you had any feeding problems with the .270wsm? I heard the short mags can be a bit finicky especially with the Brownings. Ive heard of a lot of people who had feeding problems with the short mags. I was just wondering if you have had any problems. Thanks
I had a Browning A bolt 270 WSM. Never had any issue with feeding. It was a great rifle. It would just cost to much to build it the way I wanted. I wish Browning would get into the aftermarket buisness. I think they could sale alot more rifles if they did.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Gene,

Only when at the bench from not working it (once maybe twice). I think i just short stroked it but maybe there is a hiccup in design. Never while hunting . Don't know if that helps ya any. In my early twenties I learn my lesson not to watching shell feed from mag on my Ruger RSI 270 on a nice buck in Pa.

Gene

Last edited by Gene R.; 08-19-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Silver Member

well being 21 I am still learning too. I plan on putting in an order for a new x-bolt later this week and I am just making sure this is the gun for me. I love the feel and I have always been a big fan of browning... All of the other guns I picked up just didnt feel right to me. I did love the sake 85 but it was a bit out of my price range and it felt "rubbery" in my hands from the weird inserts. EVERYONE and their brother have remingtons around here and I just want something a bit different from the norm. Around here its like blasphemy to have anything but a 700 with a bushnell scope! haha I plan on putting a nikon/leupold/or sightron on top of my browning. It will be nice to be different.. I just hope they dont hang me in the mountains somewhere!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Around here its like blasphemy to have anything but a 700 with a bushnell scope!
Easy hoss... Don't forget Savage in the blasphemy realm!

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!