Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?
Poll Options
Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?

Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 PM

Re: Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?

Living in Yukon and wearing ear protection can be a hazard to your health,bears both kinds black and grizzly. At the rifle range you have to watch your back,lots of grizzlies.I wear them at the range,the bears aren't bothered by the shooting and come around to watch.While hunting usually only fire 1-2 shots so cotton batten works and depending on which rifle I'm using,take care out there and enjoy the outdoors
Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Gold Member

I never have, but this year, I got a new 300wm with a brake on it and there is no way we are not using hearing protection this year. Ended up buying the ear muffs below, which have both noise cancelation and amplification technology. I've got to say that after going out to the range a few times with them, I bet I would have had a few more deer and elk added over the years because they do a pretty amazing job of amplifying sounds in the environment. Nothing is going to sneak by us this year! For less than $50, must say I'm impressed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboscobuys View Post
I never have, but this year, I got a new 300wm with a brake on it and there is no way we are not using hearing protection this year. Ended up buying the ear muffs below, which have both noise cancelation and amplification technology. I've got to say that after going out to the range a few times with them, I bet I would have had a few more deer and elk added over the years because they do a pretty amazing job of amplifying sounds in the environment. Nothing is going to sneak by us this year! For less than $50, must say I'm impressed.

Amazon.com: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff: Home Improvement
Those you post are the best I have found (not that I have tried the really $$$ ones). I wear them when I still hunt with a pistol.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Just started shooting with my Sound Gear industrials
All of the positive reviews you've read are true.
I love my sound gears Thanks Lynn !

I will be wearing them while hunting this fall!��
Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Bronze Member

I wear hearing aids now because I didn't wear protection when I was young. Don't touch the stove to learn it is hot. Wear hearing protection. I try very hard to protect what I have left now that it is way too late.