Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

View Poll Results: Do you shoot with 1 or Both eyes open?
Only 1 eye 109 42.25%
Both eyes 100 38.76%
Depends on the situation 53 20.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 258. This poll is closed

Do you shoot with 1 or 2 eyes open?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Do you shoot with 1 or 2 eyes open?

I can do it either way fine, shoot either fine as well, but my preference is both open. I do it to relax my face and remove overall tension. When I do it correctly it feels really good to release that round.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
I can do it either way fine, shoot either fine as well, but my preference is both open. I do it to relax my face and remove overall tension. When I do it correctly it feels really good to release that round.
The other day at the range I noticed what you are talking about. I thought about two eyes open bc of that and will try it next time at the range.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
+1

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Bronze Member

Interesting. I'm going to try both eyes open. I am so right eye dominant and right handed however that I'm sure I can shoot with both open with no adverse effect...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

I'm right handed and left eyed. I can only shoot rifles and shotguns with one eye open if i shoot right handed. If I shoot left, which is rare I can shoot with both open. Shoot pistols with both open and shot with my left eye even if i shoot one handed right , left, or both.

It seems my grandson my be the same way. I've always wished someone would had encouraged me to shoot left when i was young, but now I'm still waiting to see what to do with him. He's only six.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Seems like Im alittle different then you guys. When Im shooting a shotgun, rifle, or pistol with open sights I shoot both eyes open but when Im behind a scope I shoot with just my right eye. If Im shooting a gun with a optic such as a EOtech I have caught myself doing it both ways depending on the situation.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Bronze Member

Handgun, carbine and shotgun I shoot one eye closed. The shots generally come quickly and the eye isn't closed long enough to result in fatigue.

Scoped Rifle both eyes open. As shots come slower I find it fatiguing to close an eye. As it it tenses my face.