Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Desert Tactical Arms, In Salt Lake City, Utah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Desert Tactical Arms, In Salt Lake City, Utah

As far as the rounds going off right next to your face, it is much safer to have your face on the side of the bolt then directly behind it like on a conventional gun. A failure will cause the bolt to fly backwards and I'd rather a bolt in the shoulder then a bolt in the eyesocket any day. We actually had a customer who accidently put 96 grains of pistol powder in a lapua case and decided to test it for us.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussell View Post
I just stated working for Desert Tactical Arms and was wondering if any of you have shot or seen their guns. check out Versatile Sniper Systems | Desert Tactical Arms they make a bullpup style long range snipers system. with a 60 sec or less barrel change over. look on you tube for the change over and watch him change it over. It take him longer then 60 sec but he is explaining the process as he does it.

Let me know if any of the long range shooters or snipers have shot one?

Thanks for looking....
Excellent weapons.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy View Post
I live in the area so you guys are local to me. a couple things is I don't like the idea of my custom reloaded hi pressure ammo going off right at my face. I think the guns are expensive. I also see no need for tacticool looking rifles and prefer function over looks. the guns are like 12 #'s they look like they would be horrible to have slung over your shoulder because of the float tube having all those mounting edges.

I really don't see the point.
The "look" is pure function without consideration of looks.

That's what you end up with when you put function above all else.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
As far as the rounds going off right next to your face, it is much safer to have your face on the side of the bolt then directly behind it like on a conventional gun. A failure will cause the bolt to fly backwards and I'd rather a bolt in the shoulder then a bolt in the eyesocket any day. We actually had a customer who accidently put 96 grains of pistol powder in a lapua case and decided to test it for us.
Exactly.