Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Defensive Edge - Send It Vol 1 DVD now available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Defensive Edge - Send It Vol 1 DVD now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
Steve,
Some things just won't make the 2 hr cut etc but if a % of people want to see some "stupid distance" practice shooting or something else I'm all over it.
I'm all for this "stupid distance" stuff you speak of I know you probably have some stuff you could throw up on YouTube that didn't make the video? Heck, TMR and I would make a trip over to help out with some new stuff if you want
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Bronze Member

Shawn, Thanks for getting the video out to me as fast as you did. I found it to be informative and very truthful, please keep up the good work. PS I'll be ordering another Edge soon. Paul
Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Shawn,

Would just like to echo what most everyone has said here. Great video that wasn't "dressed up" to make it look like you guys are perfect all the time. I too winced when JR missed that wolf. I think I would have about cried on that one. And I'm up for any "stupid far" shooting you guys can dream up . Even if it's just plate. One thing I would like to see, especially on the ludicrously far stuff, is where the shots impacted. If you left a (protected) camera up somewhat close to the target or just when you went to retrieve the plate, it would be interesting to see where the hits landed, and what grouping there was, this shot went here because of wind, etc. But go ahead and put me on pre-order for the next in the series.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Shawn,

Great "real hunting boys" video. I was excited when the mailman showed up 2 days after ordering. And after watching it, we were so fired up that had it not been dark we would have been out "sending it". Thanks for the video and keep up the great work. Blaine Carver
Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Platinum Member

Shawn,
I enjoyed your video. Watched it the same day I received it. I liked how you intermingled the practice shots with the hunting footage. Also enjoyed some of the commentary from the people in the vidoe. I enjoyed watching the young lad shoot his deer at 500+ yards, with his father there. Well spoken young man too.
One thing I took away from this video is that you don't need to be in a rushed state of mind when hunting long range. I would enjoy more commentary on what your thought process is as you are setting up to shoot, what check list items you go thru before you take a shot, ect. You could comment on this after the hunting footage on your next video. Not asking you to give away trade secrets that you teach in your shooting classes, but alittle imformation on what you were thinking and what was important to focus on for that particular hunt would be interesting to here.
Again, enjoyed watching the video.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

I am pretty new here but cannot say enough good about this guy. Class act all the way. I don't care if your talking on the phone, e-mailing, readind an article or watching a video...it is always something I look forward too. Shawn cannot make videos fast enough for me!

I for one would like to see a video by Shawn about reloading and fine tuning Ebal to a specific load for the longrange shot. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Silver Member

I'd second shrtshtr request