Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

DEFENSIVE EDGE LRH CLASS DATES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Sponsor

DEFENSIVE EDGE LRH CLASS DATES

OK guys,

Here are the dates of the long range classes I have schedualed for this year. APRIL 22, MAY 20, JUNE 17, JULY 15, AUGUST 19, SEPTEMBER 16 Tuition will be 125.00 a person. All of the above dates will be at the Fernan Rod & Gun Club range just 10 minutes outside of Couer D' Alene Idaho. In addition, back to back of the July and August classes on the following day I will hold a 1 day long range field shooting class in the CDA national forest. This class will be small limited to 6 people that have taken the basic class 175.00 a person. This class will be uphill, down hill, cross canyon etc. field shooting position practice and shot log developement. Paid tuition will reserve a certain class date. I have 25+ people prepaid before the dates were even set. I wanted the people from out of the area have a good shot at getting the dates they wanted. This will not be up on the DE website for a few weeks so if you need a particular date get ahold of me soon. Hope to see you this summer for practice. Also in interest of not cluttering up the website here with business affairs please email me direct for available dates etc. Any questions about the class post here and I will try to answer for all.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Sponsor

Re: DEFENSIVE EDGE LRH CLASS DATES

The April date is APRIL 15 sorry.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 01-09-2006, 07:24 AM
PUBLISHER

April 15 ??##??

Oh, that is such a depressing date. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

ya that day sucks, but what better way to relieve the pain, then by blsting some stuff...
Old 01-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

Geeze maneeze. That July class looks soooo tempting.

I'll ask the first question. What equipment is needed and recomended? I remember that you saying you like to have your students actually shoot in your shooting classes. That seems like a "no brainer" but I have seen some instructors that yak alot and do all the shooting themselves. How many rounds would a student need to bring? What distances will the class be shooting at the range.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Sponsor

4KED HORN,

I will post an outline and class needs soon. My classes are about shooters learning and getting dialed in. I do just enough shooting to let everyone know I have a clue. You will need 100 rounds basic and 100 rounds Advance Field class. It is not a high round count class and no one has ever run out of ammo, but I like to be safe.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Sponsor

LONG RANGE HUNTING
BASIC CLASS

Defensive Edge Inc. draws from its experience in dynamic and tactical shooting competitions, law enforcement precision rifle work, long range guiding and custom gun building to provide a course of instruction bred from experience, not theory or untested ideas. The LRH Basic class is designed for the entry level shooter interested in long range application to hunting. While there is some lecture, chart work etc. it is all done on the firing line there is no formal, dry, classroom work in our curriculum. Students will cover the following topics and exercises:

• MOA explanation and application
• Target knob, ballistic reticules & BDC’sDrop charts
• Internal & external ballistics as they apply to LRH
• Atmospheric conditions and their effects
• WIND
• up/downhill shooting
• equipment setup
• weapon zero (shooting)
• drop chart confirmation out to 600+ yards (shooting)
• adjusting the chart
• shot logs data and entry
• up/downhill (shooting)
• field positions and random distance (shooting)
• and more

Equipment:
• rifle capable of 1”@ 100yards or less
• rifle you can shoot possibly 100 rounds in a day (probably closer to 60 though)
• quality scope with repeatable target knobs or ballistic reticule or both (knobs are much preferred)
• 100 rounds of ammunition you intend to hunt with
• field rest equipment – bipod, shooting sticks, etc.
• sand bags for initial drop sheet work
• eye & ear protection
• lunch
Items that are nice to have:
• range finder
• spotting scope
• weather station ( Kestrel etc.)
• cosine indicator
• palm or pocket pc w/exbal

This covers everything I would require or recommend, feel free to bring any additional shooting gear you like. If you have additional questions or requests feel free to contact me.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659