Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Defensive Edge Class 01-08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Sponsor

DUH,

I do not have any others. I will be teaching the next class in early June and will be more on the ball about pictures. The pack I am using is an original before they had more than one model. I believe it is similar to the gunslinger. I have ordered a couple of Dragonfly models. They are big but suit my needs with additional video equipment etc.

TMR,

They are tough on steel but there is no question about performance. They were also an advantage in the gusty conditions we were saddled with, you two used at times half the windage some of the others did.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Under Hunter View Post
SC,

Do you have any other pics of the boys shooting during the weekend you could post ?

P.S which model Eberlestock pack are you using on the DVD ?

Cheers mate

DUH
More pics might violate the rule of "what happens at long range class, stays at long range class!"

I had actually thought about snapping some pics since some of the shooting positions/targets were very interesting, but all I had was my camera phone and they wouldn't have turned out very well. We also came across quite a bit of game while traveling around which would have made for some good pictures, especially the B&C spider occupying one of the shooting areas:eek:
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Gold Member

Toyota- You guys are lucky to be able to take such a class.. We simply dont have the hunters out here tuned into the long range story. Hardly any of the guys hunting out here have turrets ? We all know they are missin' out !

Glad you had a good fun time and expert coaches to watch over you all. That 1200 yard target was in a world of hurt !!

DUH
Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Toyota- You guys are lucky to be able to take such a class.. We simply dont have the hunters out here tuned into the long range story. Hardly any of the guys hunting out here have turrets ? We all know they are missin' out !

Glad you had a good fun time and expert coaches to watch over you all. That 1200 yard target was in a world of hurt !!

DUH
Theres an opening for you Simon
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Gold Member

Just 'cause you got the gear don't mean you can teach people how to use it !

I think I'll learn how to use it myself first without corrupting others with wrong techniques.

It sure would be good to get a bunch of our guys together for a weekend tutorial of some sort ?

I just don't know many guys that have the right setups to maximise the class yet ?

Wheres your 7 at Paul ?

Cheers

DUH
Old 06-01-2008, 05:16 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Just 'cause you got the gear don't mean you can teach people how to use it !
Ain't that the truth! Also, doesn't mean you know how to use it yourself just 'cause you got it. Not saying that for DUH, just a reminder for myself.

I'm constantly reminded of this everytime I shoot out at the 1K+ range
Old 06-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Wheres your 7 at Paul ?

Cheers

DUH
Bendigo waiting for the barrel to get over here, I think the bolt is done, lug pinned, +20 rail fitted. I got the stock..... scope, dies, rings and RF on the way over from the land of cheap hunting gear. We can have a class in Sept, Ben is full of confidence after nailing a roo at 420yds with the 223.