Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Defensive Edge Class 01-08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Sponsor

Defensive Edge Class 01-08

The first long rnage class of the year is over. Despite having to move the field day to a new location due to the pile of snow we got this winter the class went off without any problems. I had a great group of guys this class half of them are site members here. We had pretty good weather for the class given the time of year. We did have to wait for a moose to clear the range on day one to comence shooting. Below is a photo of the class with their hits on the 1196 yard plate. To those who were at the class and reading this it was great having you there.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
SPONSOR

Let me be the first to say that Shawn and JR put on a first class schooling. I had a great time shooting with all the guys despite being humbled repeatedly Biggest thing I learned was that I have a lot more to learn!

Thanks for all the help guys! I'd certainly be up for throwing lead with you guys any time.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:09 PM
SPONSOR

This was definitely a blast....Shawn and JR are definitely top shelf guys, as were the other members of the group. Looking foward to taking the advanced class now just to do some more shooting with these guys.

We did learn, that the wind will humble you. By the end of the day, we were getting better at reading it, but it still takes a hell of a lot of practice.

Great job Shawn and JR....looking foward to doing some more shooting with you guys again.

Travis
Old 05-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

Glad you guys had a good time. I'm in the next class and looking forward to it. I just got my gun from Shawn last week and I'm going to try and shoot it tomorrow. I kind of had a set back last week by cutting off or smashing off about a inch of my index finger ( thank the lord not my trigger finger ) it was re attached but not feeling very good and is making loading rounds a pain in the a#@. I will be at the class though.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Sponsor

Thanks guys, glad you had a good time. It was very encouraging seeing the wind reading abilities improve so quickly. You are absolutly right it just takes some practice, not a ton of ammo but time reading conditions and confirming by a few shots. The "brothers" also showed everone else the serious advantage of big 338 bullets.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
Thanks guys, glad you had a good time. It was very encouraging seeing the wind reading abilities improve so quickly. You are absolutly right it just takes some practice, not a ton of ammo but time reading conditions and confirming by a few shots. The "brothers" also showed everone else the serious advantage of big 338 bullets.
SC,

Do you have any other pics of the boys shooting during the weekend you could post ?

P.S which model Eberlestock pack are you using on the DVD ?

Cheers mate

DUH
Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post

Shawn,

I think the quote of the day one was close to:

"For those of you not familar with 300gr 338's, keep your eye on the reactive target"

Still laughing....