Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

De-scenting new burlap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 05:43 PM

De-scenting new burlap

I'm in the process of remaking my ghillie suit and the stuff I bought has a petrolium distillant smell to it. Any tips for getting that smell out? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Silver Member

Re: De-scenting new burlap

Have you tried any of the commercial "scent blocker" products yet? You may also want to try putting it in a garbage bag with some charcoal to absorb the scent. Just don't use the match light stuff, it stinks worse than the burlap.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:56 PM

well my assumption was that water-based scent blockers aren't goint to do much to a petroleum based product. My best guess as of yet is drag it around the grass and dirt till it's covered
Old 12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
SPONSOR

Well seeing that you in texas place it in plastic bag and throw in some sage brush for a while..
The other alternative is arm and hammer baking soda.. this stuff sucks up odors like ex-wives suck up alimony..

If you are in a area that has pine trees use gum spirits of turpintine this stuff will make you smell just like a fresh skint pine tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]