Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

A day out shooting with Trebark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Gold Member

A day out shooting with Trebark

Today, like many saturdays, Trebark picked me up in the morning to head out for a day of shooting. First we hit Clark Brothers (local range) to sight in my new sightron SIII 6-24X50 mounted on my .308win and put my falcon optics menace on my 300 win mag and Matt chronoed some new loads for his .280 rem.

Then we headed out to my parent's place to shoot some longer range. We set up the steel at 254 yards (furthest range we could see from the shed). Actually, let me refrase that, Trebark stood in the shed, while I set up the freakin target, got tires to weight it down, then went and got some water jugs to set up as well. Oh, did i mention it was absolutely POURING rain??
So then i got back, all is well, im dripping wet, my t-shirt and pants are literly saturated with water and so then we start shooting the steel for a while. Rather uneventful, then shoot some water jugs.
Once we're done shooting i once again go and disassemble the targets, again in the pouring rain, pick up the blown apart jugs, and roll the tires off to the side. Then we load everything into the car and Trebark drives it over to the house and grabs the other 4wheeler to park it in the shed. So there i am, in the shed and here comes Trebark driving along with his LRH T-shirt and purple umbrella.... i am still annoyed that i didnt have my camera handy.... would have made for a very nice photo .

overall a very good day, lots of fun and a satisfiying shooting session before exam study and exam time.

picutes are coming up in a minute.

Last edited by Oliveralan; 05-23-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Gold Member

Re: A day out shooting with Trebark

Trebark behind his sweet set of big eyes

Here's me dialing elevation

Last edited by Oliveralan; 05-23-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Trebark getting ready to shoot

Me getting ready to shoot

Last edited by Oliveralan; 05-23-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliveralan View Post
Today, like many saturdays, Trebark picked me up in the morning to head out for a day of shooting. First we hit Clark Brothers (local range) to sight in my new sightron SIII 6-24X50 mounted on my .308win
Read: Sightron SIII on custom 308 is bada$$!

Quote:
and put my falcon optics menace on my 300 win mag and Trebark chronoed some new loads for his .280 rem.
Read: 168VLD is bada$$!

Quote:
Then we headed out to my parent's place to shoot some longer range. We set up the steel at 254 yards (furthest range we could see from the shed). Actually, let me refrase that, Trebark stood in the shed, while I set up the freakin target, got tires to weight it down, then went and got some water jugs to set up as well. Oh, did i mention it was absolutely POURING rain??
So then i got back, all is well, im tripping wet, my t-shirt and pants are literly saturated with water and so then we start shooting the steel for a while. Rather uneventful, then shoot some water jugs.
Read: Trebark is old, wise and dry!

Quote:
once we're done shooting i once again go and disassemble the targets, again in the pouring rain, pick up the blown apart jugs, and roll the tires off to the side. Then we load everything into the car and Trebark drives it over to the house and grabs the other 4wheeler to park it in the shed. So there i am, in the shed and here comes Trebark driving along with his LRH T-shirt and purple umbrella.... i am still annoyed that i didnt have my camera handy.... would have made for a very nice photo .
Think: Mary Poppins if she was 6' 2", ugly, and cruising on a 4wheeler with the umbrella up!

Quote:
overall a very good day, lots of fun and a satisfiying shooting session before exam study and exam time.
Another awesome day!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post

Think: Mary Poppins if she was 6' 2", ugly, and cruising on a 4wheeler with the umbrella up!

Correction, "if she was 6'2", " and really, really ugly. Looks like fun boys! I like the brown much better on that stock, but I must admit purple would have looked better in the Mary Poppins theme.

Oliver you don't look like like the skinny, acne riddin teenager I had painted you as in my mind ;-)... The internet is a wonderful thing. Well the block layers are commin tomorrow. Time for me to go play in the rain!

Last edited by jmason; 05-23-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member

Good story, sorry to hear ya got wet. Let trebark know it's his turn to get wet next time. Thanks for the pics. Good luck with your exams.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Gold Member

jmason, glad to hear i exceeded (i hope) those expectations

chas, i dont really mind getting wet just thought it was pretty darn funny how much trebark hates water . Gonna need all the luck i can get with my exams, either that or get off LRH and study.... hmm guess which one i picked?