Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Daughter's new 338 Lapua (from Kirby)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Daughter's new 338 Lapua (from Kirby)

That's way-cool man. I hope my daughter enjoys the things I enjoy when she's a teenager. We'll see.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

Iron Worker, Yes, that is my back yard. Right out the basement door just a few feet from my reloading bench, pretty handy. I told my wife I was building a stone picnic table....... she figured out pretty quick I really built it for a shooting bench

Thanks for all the kind comments. Yep, it is a lot of gun for 14 year old girl, and yep, it is quite a bit of money. The way I look at it, she is 14, and wants to shoot and go hunting with dad. I figure I have 3 or 4 years at best before she is off to college and other interests so I am making every effort to use what time I have with her. Maybe some day when I will likely be dead and gone, she can pass along that rifle to her son or daughter along with a few stories about the hunts she had with dad.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Well those are normal dreams an aspirations for your daughter. Only thing is were not living in normal times. 15.6 trillon in debt Obama care is going to tax our a$$es off and beings your wealthy enough to have a range in your back yard Obama and his minions will be targeting you . Oh this sucks ,most vital election of our lives is a mear 3 months away .
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Gold Member

Iron Worker,

I don't disagree. However, all I know to do is do what I can (vote, and be active in my community and church) prepare for the worst (stockpile food, guns, ammo and things necessary to live "off the grid") then enjoy life (go shooting and hunting with my kids).
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member

Fear of the living God is the answer to all of life hurdles .
Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

All things being equal most girls can and will out shoot boys. Boys are just most likely to shoot more so they shoot better because they have more practice. Girls and women have better fine motor skills than boys/men. Women are better at precision skills like sewing and other things that require precise manual dexterity and attention to detail. Men are better at things that require gross motor skills and strength like football and other sports. If you start a girl off in shooting and get her a rifle that won't punish her shoulder she will almost always have better trigger control and shoot better than most boys. At longer ranges this difference shows. My dad would take me and my sister out shooting at the national forest and we started out about the same. I liked shooting a lot more then she did and I got a lot better than she ever did but she really didn't like to shoot that much. Good thing for my pride.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 AM

While doom, gloom and economic collaspe are all great subjects, this is still a shooting forum.

That is a very nice looking rifle, I'm working on a nice 338 RUM project myself, not for the kids, they are grown and have to buy their own toys.

What scope?