Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Daughter Goes To The Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Silver Member

Daughter Goes To The Range

Yesterday We were back out at the range. Since this is spring break I asked my daughter if she wanted to go. I figured I would pass down to here my first rifle. The rifle is a Remington 581 .22 LR. She had a blast with that little gun. We had her shooting off of a bench at a target set out to 100 yards. She never missed! I am so proud of her.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Daughter Goes To The Range

Sweet! Love to take the kids shooting. I dare say, you're gonna get a sunburn.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Grit. I did get a little cooked yesterday.

The winds were terrible to shot in. We had cross winds at 22 mph with 30 - 35 mph gusts. About 4" - 8" groups is the best I could do at 5 and 600 yards. I just could not read the gusts. With a .22 LR, Katelyn did great. She was hitting an 8" pie plate at 100 yards, and like I said, she never missed. Little fart!

She has always been really good at shooting.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

Get the little lady a chair / seat next go-round...and get her into some proper form.
Encourage the hell out of her to shoot and learn to shoot well. She'll never regret it!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Get the little lady a chair / seat next go-round...and get her into some proper form.
Encourage the hell out of her to shoot and learn to shoot well. She'll never regret it!
We tried that. Our batteries went dead when she shot in the prone. She liked the prone best. As far as standing she was just to short for the bench, that is when we moved her to the mat and a bag.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
She liked the prone best..
Atta Girl!!!! I can see a long range rifle shootin gal coming up!! Way to go dad! There are few things to compare with sharing something we love with our kids. Keep it up, you both will cherish the memories.

Jeff ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

My 8yr old boy just loves shooting too. He has gotten quite deadly with the 22LR Savage I have. He wants that one to be his own. So it looks like I will have to get another .22LR someday....DARN IT!
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!