Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Cull Bull or Cow Hunts interested?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member

Cull Bull or Cow Hunts interested?

I think I may have a good deal on a long range friendly hunt. How does 1100 for an all inclusive cow hunt or 1600 for a cull bull hunt in NM sound. I know I can get 10 spots probably 10 more. I have hunted this ranch before. It is about 45 minutes west of Alburqurque. The lodge is a huge space up on top of a Mesa and was super nice last time I was there. Any interest?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 PM

Re: Cull Bull or Cow Hunts interested?

I would love to have more information, you can add to the thread or email me if you wish.

Would be great time.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member

I am waiting on a email for fimal confirmation, but everything looks like it is a go. The hunt will start on Nov. 14th for 5 days. It would be worth the price just to hang around the lodge. Last time I was there the cows were everywhere....as were the bulls. But taking a cow will almost be too easy, especially at longer range. I took a nice 5x6 on the last day but passsed some nicer bulls early on in the hunt.

The price includes meals and tags and lodging and a guide. Not sure how many hunters per guide, but it does not include tips for the guides or cook. As much as I love elk meat I would almost pay for someone to hunt if I could have the animal

As soon as I get the confirmation I will email you the info. This is not an outfitted hunt, just a friend who offered me this opportunity to go hunting with some friends......just thought I would see if anyone here is interested.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Being only a Whitetail hunter, I am curious as to what constitutes a Cull Bull elk.

Thanks,

edge.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

A "Cull" bull is a bull of inferior genetics. He may have mutated antler charecteristics or he may be a very mature bull with small horns. Typically people managing areas will try and cull these bulls from the herd so they cannot spawn more substandard animals thus increasing the quality of the hunting from a trophy standpoint.

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Silver Member

eddybo,

Please let me know the dates I may be interested.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Silver Member

I'm interested for sure...and may be able to pull together a group of 3 or 4 or so if the details work out.