Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Crossing Canadian Border

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Crossing Canadian Border

Just got back from a Carobou hunt up there(dont ask.baaaddddd) Yoy will need your birth cert if u do not have a passport
Old 08-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Bronze Member

Alabama spelling!!...lol... just kidding!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

I take an automobile insurance card (specifically for Canada)...my Passport (I've been told that folks have recently been asked to supply an ORIGINAL birth certificate (the one with an official Seal).
http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/newsroom/...gcanada-e.html
Old 08-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Writers Guild

I would suggest bringing a passport since that is readily accepted ID. Usually a drivers license is fine but given the changes with security, better be sure.

Declare ALL folding knives or any device that is considered a weapon. Ask the person you meet at the border. Don't let them find it during a search.

Firearms must be declared and forget about bringing in any handgun or restricted/prohibited firearm if you don't have the permits first. You will know since you spent the last few months getting it.

Go to www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca for details. It really is straight forward if just coming up for a visit. For Cdn though, things have really changed at the US border.

Oh well, a sign of the times...

Jerry
Old 08-27-2003, 11:53 PM

Crossing Canadian Border

I'm a goin a fishin up noth wif my boy an wundered if'n any uf u could gimme details bout crossin da border at Niager Falls. I know this ain't got nuthin to do with a shootin arn pokin one a long ways off but figered with all the good friends on here sum uf yun's could help. If you ain't never been this far south or watched Duke's of Hazard then I will translate. We are visiting Canada by way of Niagara Falls over the labor day weekend (no firearms). Do we need anything special with us to cross the border. Vehicle ID, personal ID. Anything we need to know. I assume we don't need a passport for Canada but with security what it has been lately I just thought I would check. Thank Ya Kindly
Old 08-28-2003, 10:49 AM

Thank you all very much. I have everything I need now. I guess Alabama is spelled Alerbamer down here which is the way I here it pronounced a lot. It is right next to Jawjah where Atlanter is the capital and the university mascot is a Dawg. I am ready to move back to Colorado or take southern english courses if I stay. It is a different language down here.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:42 PM

Well, now that we have all that out of the way I'd like to say "Welcome to Canada" and I hope you catch your limit. Enjoy your stay. I was watching the thread but of course since I live here I don't know what we're asking other folks for at the border.

Paul [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]