Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

cosine indicators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Silver Member

DSM,

yeah let me know! you are the only person i have found that will be using one.

I am the way I am because I watched the movies "Red Dawn" and "Tremors" at a impressionable age.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Gold Member

I have both of these units, the horus is a better unit in every way . it does have a few drawbacks. it is bigger and more bulky and the level bubble is a bit small. if size is not an issue then the Horus is the way to go , if size is an issue then the sniper tools with seperate bubble level works.
UB
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Gold Member

Sniper tools and US optics folding level

Hi i have the Newer Badger Ordnance low mount made for the US Marines as the others placed the ACI up where it could get damaged and i run the latest folding level from US optics i have seen the last 3 reincarnations of this level and the latest one is the best they are always looking how they can upgrade their designs to make them better. They both mount to the Weaver Rail so they are nice and low out of the way and dont get hit as they are shielded buy the scope and stock. I am interested in the Horris Vision because it has degrees as well as cosign angles and the built in level soulds like it is well thought out. Do they fir onto a Weaver ring like the ACI does and if so would it fit onto the Badger Ordnance ACI mount on the Weaver type rail. If it did it would in my mind make the unit better as i dont like adding extra parts to my scope tubes when i have full length weaver rails with spare space to keep them out of the way.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Last edited by Wild_Bill; 07-28-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Silver Member

from what i have seen from their website and when i talked to horus they only offered a scope mounted CSI. and it was extra from the mounting ring. I also wanted to mount it to the rail but she was telling me it wouldnt work with the horus model. I'm geussing because of the size. ???

I am the way I am because I watched the movies "Red Dawn" and "Tremors" at a impressionable age.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:09 AM
SPONSOR

I also use W's (2 of them) and they have been very satisfactory for my uses.