Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Coppers out of the box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Gold Member

Re: Coppers out of the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieplate View Post
Dont get me wrong but I'm asking about the gun not the man.Are they any good does any one .
Politics aside, I picked up my first Cooper ... Model 21 Phoenix in .204 last week.
Excellent production rifle. Great trigger and is a tack driver.
Shooting factory Hornady ammo @ .350" -100 yards.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!
call me hard hardheaded.....

But why the hell would you support a company, or an idividual for that matter who would support the very politicians who would gladly take away our 2nd ammendment rights without so much as a twinge of guilt? We have to register a vote every time we open our wallets in my opinion. DONT support idiots and individuals who would take away our freedoms. I for one am never going give up my moral standards in this respect. I wouldnt take a cooper rifle if they were giving them away. AJ
Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Coppers out of the box

No Cooper no way no how for me. One of the Smiths on this sight would get my buisness first for sure and for certain
Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Silver Member

Spend Less and Get More

As others have posted, Savage makes rifle that are, at least, as accurate, if not maybe more accurate, for less money with much better looking stocks. I have a Savage Model 14 that shoots under 3/4" at 200 yards with $17/box factory ammo. The Savage triggers are great.

I can never understand why people who shoot will support companies that make political donations to anti-gun groups. That is your money that will be going to those anti-gun groups. In our household, we have not purchased products (done without stuff), changed retail stores (driven farther and paid more money for stuff), and changed banks and insurance companies because of their affiliations with anti-gun, anti-hunting groups.