Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Colorado Hunt Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2007, 04:21 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Colorado Hunt Question

If you are carrying a pistol or shotgun, no problem. Carrying a rifle, needs to be under 6mm during the regular rifle seasons to be okay. If you are carrying anything 6mm or bigger, you'll likely get a ticket. Exception would be if you are doing some target shooting, but you better have the ability to convince the warden that that was all you were doing. I carry my rifles in my truck all fall long, and have yet to have a problem with any of the game wardens around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Colorado During regular deer and elk season W of I-25 if hunting small mammals or furbearing you can not use anything larger than a centerfire .23 caliber unless hunter has an unfilled deer or elk license for the season they are hunting and you also have to have a small game license. What this law does is stop what is called party shooting if you have 4 hunters one fills his tag that hunter better not be caught in the field with his 30-06 claiming he was just out shooting coyotes even if he had a small game license.